. .
    Marchant dice cnc router with kress 800 milling spindle. Machine in photo is taken from the marchant dice website, my machine is very similer I can supply photos on request.

This kit includeds the machine, stepper motors, drivers, and power supply and a variety of collets of all it needs to complete is a pc with a parallel port and a copy of mach3 or linux cnc (Free)

I think this router is a good choice for milling foam and balsa wood, milling out tracks for pcbs and also pick and place projects anything much heavier than that and the machine becomes less accurate so bear that in mind. For learning cnc on, I think its worth the money but don't be under the illusion you will be able to hog out hard wood or aluminium.

Im looking for £1200 it has had light use maybe 24hrs running and cost over £2000

All the mechanical coponents are included,

1. x1 Kress 43.0mm Spindle Mount

2. x3 Nema23 Stepper motors (minimum 1.35Nm)

Foot Print: 800x550mm (31 1/2" x 21 1/2")

Working area: XYZ Axis: 550mm x 320mm x 75mm

Translation - Ballscrew Ø x pitch (1 revolution = X and Y axis 5mm, Z axis 4mm)

X and Y Axis: 16x5 assembled with zero backlash Ballnuts

Z Axis: 12x4 assembled with zero backlash Ballnuts

Linear: Guide Rails - Y Axis, 15mm profile rail and carriages

X and Z Axis Ø20mm Chrome Plated Precision Ground Shafting, Linear Bearing

Frame Manufactured from: Aluminium Profile

Spindle Mount: Kress 43.0mm included

Motor Mounts: Nema 23 frame

Manufactured in the UK by Marchant Dice Ltd (worldofcnc)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marchant.JPG 
Views:	963 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	11418Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marchant2.JPG 
Views:	588 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	11417

I made this plectrum box using this machine and my laser cutter. All the cutting was done on this machine and it made a nice job. link to pictures here -> http://www.cncscotland.co.uk/portfol...m-shaped-box/#

£1200
    Last edited by gavztheouch; 29-01-2014 at 08:53 PM.
    CNC routing and prototyping services www.cncscotland.co.uk

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

Last edited by gavztheouch; 13-02-2014 at 08:45 PM.
    CNC routing and prototyping services www.cncscotland.co.uk

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

Lives in SANTANDER, Spain. Last Activity: 26-04-2021 Has been a member for 1-2 years. Has a total post count of 9.
    Hi Gav,

Sorry to hear that this CNC are so bad, but do you have by any chance the set up of Mach 3? because I have and A1 size CNC but everything seems ok, green light on, mach3 moving, but the step motor not, and I am going crazy about it. Can you help me?

Best regards

Have you checked for power going to the stepper drivers?

You may need to check the pinout wiring to determine what signal lines are going to which pin of the breakout board and remap these ports and pins in Mach3.
    It sounds like your pins are not mapped which is why your machine is not moving.
    I have a marchant dice machine, now put into storage as i upgraded to a 6040.

QUOTE=Raul;123720]Hi Gav,

Sorry to hear that this CNC are so bad, but do you have by any chance the set up of Mach 3? because I have and A1 size CNC but everything seems ok, green light on, mach3 moving, but the step motor not, and I am going crazy about it. Can you help me?

Best regards[/QUOTE]

Lives in SANTANDER, Spain. Last Activity: 26-04-2021 Has been a member for 1-2 years. Has a total post count of 9.
    Hi Roboteernat,
    I don't know how to do it, because the breakout board has not marks or anything understandable, because for example it has pin 19 on X as you can see on the picture, but that pin is too high, unless is not the one I have to follow. it doesn't work anyway I have try it. ButI have try with a chepest board and driver just for the X driver and it works, I can not believe it, is only configuration, but how can I check where the pin goes if I don't have signal and nothing write on the board telling me with pin is where? can you show me a picture so I can see how to do it?

Thanks in advance mate

Name:	tarjeta eje X pin 19.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	229.5 KB 
ID:	29733

Quote Originally Posted by Raul View Post
    Hi Roboteernat,
    I don't know how to do it, because the breakout board has not marks or anything understandable, because for example it has pin 19 on X as you can see on the picture, but that pin is too high, unless is not the one I have to follow. it doesn't work anyway I have try it. ButI have try with a chepest board and driver just for the X driver and it works, I can not believe it, is only configuration, but how can I check where the pin goes if I don't have signal and nothing write on the board telling me with pin is where? can you show me a picture so I can see how to do it?

Thanks in advance mate

Name:	tarjeta eje X pin 19.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	229.5 KB 
ID:	29733
    If you get stuck for drivers that plug into this board, I think I still have the old ones somewhere (no promises though). Personally, I would chuck out all the old Marchant Dice electronics and start again with something bog standard. I don't think a MD machine is worth wasting good money on decent motion control - just a £5 BoB and some cheap drivers.

Ok. At the end that is what I did, put some cheap chinnesse drivers and board and it work from the first moment.

Even though I still want to have the MD setup for the driver if possible, due to I still haveing the full box ready to make it work, just because they operate at 60V, and the chinnesse only at 42V max

Thank you all for your efford. I appreciatted vcery much.

Thread Information