. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well you should have high rapid speeds due to high pitch but this obviously depends on pulley sizes thou with 3:1 ratio I can guess at around 25-35mm pitch.
    With only 36V then you'll have lower speed and there fore torque from the motors than they are capable of so for this reason I suggest you keep the motor tuning down so the motors are in the lower Rpm range where more torque is available.

Like I mentioned before your problem could come from lack of resolution and motors running too slow causing rough movement.?

There is no problem JAZZCNC, I'm just looking for facts and figures at the moment.

I now have it set for 15,000mm/min and 1300 mm/sec/sec and it's been running a pen over various files repeatedly and has not missed a step yet.

Seems pretty good so far, I think that speed is more than enough for a small machine???

Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    There is no problem JAZZCNC, I'm just looking for facts and figures at the moment.

I now have it set for 15,000mm/min and 1300 mm/sec/sec and it's been running a pen over various files repeatedly and has not missed a step yet.

Seems pretty good so far, I think that speed is more than enough for a small machine???
    To be honest I forgot this was for a plasma machine so very little forces involved and at those speeds your running about half the motors speed which is about right where I'd have predicted would be ok without missing steps etc. You may find you'll need to tune slower if ever cutting forces are involved.?

Thread Information