. .
    Having just got my first table running,I have also just lost my first drive amplifier board. It was part of a set of three plus a BOB from eBay, yes it was cheap but I was hoping for a little more than 1 running hour before it went up in smoke.

The other two seem ok at the moment but I have no confidence in them, they also get *very* hot.

The part No was HY-DIV268N-5A just incase anyone is thinking of getting some, communication is very poor with the buyer too (China direct).

So I need to spend more on at least one drive amp, can anyone recommend something at the lower end of the market????

Don't worry, in the end I returned the whole lot as faulty and spent 3 times a s much on a set of boards from CNC4YOU.CO.UK, brilliant service and they work great.

Seems like you are not alone. They would appear to use the TB6600 chip set . . .

Planet CNC • View topic - Design fault HY-DIV268N (TB6600)
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

4. The TB6600 chipset, while not perfect, isn't itself to blame. It's poor PCB design, not following application guidelines and lack of heatsinking that mars these cheap drivers. However, as always, it's worth spending more on known good products.

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    Seems like you are not alone. They would appear to use the TB6600 chip set . . .

Planet CNC • View topic - Design fault HY-DIV268N (TB6600)
    Excellent link, I too stripped my duff unit down and found no thermal paste or mat under the chip, it was just loosely clamped with the two screws, not impressed.

I also ordered M542 units and they are totally different beasts, nice and cool running too.

Thread Information