. .
    I picked up four metal enclosures at an auction that I though might be useful for containing cnc electronics for various projects. My dad picked them up yesterday and told me they were bloody heavy and full of electronics. One had two 24v 20 amp ABB dc power supply's which will be useful for my laser cutter project. Another had a 4.4kva 110dc supply that takes an input of 415v. The supply has a big transformer and 4 huge capacitors plus lots of fuse gear and switches it appears to be missing the bridge rectifier. My question is would this be of any use to someone? I don't know a lot about these type of supply's is it possible to use 240v instead of 415v to obtain a lower dc voltage?

thanks
    CNC routing and prototyping services www.cncscotland.co.uk

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

If it's just a transformer, rectifier, capacitor, type supply then yes you could use it on the lower voltage.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

3. 240/415 * 110 = 64v dc and should be good for ~40A max out but you'll need inrush limiting with that transformer...

Thread Information