. .
    I'm after a rough costing for anyone willing to do some work for me on the attached file...

It is 5 panels made from 5mm perspex that I'm happy to supply, so I'm not after material costs being included.

I've attached the .nc files that have been set up for a 2mm flat end bit and 500x500mm perspex, although I can change this if needed. Maximum size of the panels is 300x300mm, all cuts are 5mm (entirely through the material).

The job consists of:

1x Side Panel 1
    1x Side Panel 2
    2x Side Panel 34
    1x Motherboard Tray
    2x 300mmx300mm plain pieces

Think thats about all the info you'd need. If anyone can give me some pointers as to if the manufacture is possible from these files or whether more info is needed then please let me know. I'd like these done so I have a comparison for when I complete my own router.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have cut Perspex, the snag is it melts. The tool stops cutting, tries to melt it's way through, fails miserably and then breaks. To cut it I had to use flood coolant but this is way too big for the mill and flood coolant isn't usually an option on a router. 2mm is awful tiny, no flute depth to clear the swarf and if the swarf can't clear it's like a super muscular boy scout rubbing two firelighters together :D

You could laser it but that makes a horrible smell, abrasive water jet could be the best option.

Someone will now chime in and say how they cut Perspex nil problemo but it isn't me

3. Water is best, and would most likely be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    I have cut Perspex, the snag is it melts. The tool stops cutting, tries to melt it's way through, fails miserably and then breaks. To cut it I had to use flood coolant but this is way too big for the mill and flood coolant isn't usually an option on a router. 2mm is awful tiny, no flute depth to clear the swarf and if the swarf can't clear it's like a super muscular boy scout rubbing two firelighters together :D

You could laser it but that makes a horrible smell, abrasive water jet could be the best option.

Someone will now chime in and say how they cut Perspex nil problemo but it isn't me

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Water is best, and would most likely be cheaper.
    But suds is easier, you just press the green button and voila, suds

Thread Information