. .
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Can you not vent it from the outside with say 4" soil pipe. ..Clive
    I can do but would prefur not I would be a little conserned about moisture ect. I have got a car air filter that I will try and sort something for and the box has plenty of free air so I'm hoping it will stay fairly cool anyway. I guess adding a secondary thermometer would be a good idea.
    Last edited by charlieuk; 28-11-2014 at 12:49 AM.

we tock a big leap forward today, we had the first signs of movement from all the axis!

just click the link

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...=2&theater
    Last edited by charlieuk; 12-10-2014 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieuk View Post
    we tock a big leap forward today, we had the first signs of movement from all the axis!

just click the link

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...=2&theater
    The first move is always the best, well done its getting there. ..Clive

Excellent Charlie, Pleased could help and Nice to finally see it come alive, It's great feeling isn't it. .

Regards the Noisey stepper then if it's one that's connected to the EM806 drives then chances are you just need to tweak the tuning in software. Could just be slightly off and now they are on the machine the resonance is different so auto config set the PID tuning to match being off the machine so re-tune thru the software and it will be fine i'm sure. . . . .. (Anyone wondering what I'm on about I'm replying here to an email Charlie sent me.!)

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Excellent Charlie, Pleased could help and Nice to finally see it come alive, It's great feeling isn't it. .

Regards the Noisey stepper then if it's one that's connected to the EM806 drives then chances are you just need to tweak the tuning in software. Could just be slightly off and now they are on the machine the resonance is different so auto config set the PID tuning to match being off the machine so re-tune thru the software and it will be fine i'm sure. . . . .. (Anyone wondering what I'm on about I'm replying here to an email Charlie sent me.!)
    yes im over the moon its turned from a pile of expensive bits into almost a working machine!

yes it is one of the ones on the 806 drivers. we did swap the cables over between the two 806's and the buzz swapped motors as well. i have the lead now so we will try will take a look at retuning tomorrow.

Many thanks again for all your help.

Charlie

I want to extend my vfd screen to the front of the box but need a ribbon cable with fc-10p connector I just wondered if anyone had any spare as it seams I can only order a min of 10 male and female each so quite a lot for when I only need the one of each many thanks

Last edited by Clive S; 13-10-2014 at 03:40 PM. Reason: addded link

Think that's the one many thanks for that! i don't think I had quite the right wording in my searches , I have order some so will soon see many thanks

I have watched as many tutorials on Mach 3 as I can and I think I understand the basics now so have started to try and learn how to set things up however I have a few questions.

the first is what is the best way to change the direction of a stepper ie my x axis goes positive to the left and I want it to go to the right and the same for my y

the second question is with limit over rides . At the moment with that the override limit box clicks but the box doesn't go green , the auto limit override box clicks and goes green but does not seam to have any effect and I can't get it off the switch to re set without doing it manually.

Third is is that I have had a go at calibrating the x axis which is running the 1-4 gear box and the steps per calibrated at 16.2 which from what I gathered is very low so just questioning that?

Best regards charlie

Charlie ring me later tonight and I will help sort this. Some of the reason why you can't get any joy is that the Motion controller plugin takes the functions away from Mach so changing settings on the screen as no affect.

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread Information