. .
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Just a quick update. We have managed to sort the problem which was noise being created by the x axis drive and the long cable. We first re did some of the earthing on various bits and put them in a nice brass terminal block which made quite a difference. We then swapped the cheap Chinese proximity switches for some made by Schneider which cost as much for one as 10 of the cheap Chinese ones (should have know better). The last step was adding a small resistor on the csmio end and it now all seams happy.we also got the PC water pump running and even on the long pipes it still pushes a nice flow of water. We have also fitted a relay so that it switches on with the spindle and dust extractor. Not quite to sure what is left bar finishing trying to set it up on mach3 and learning how to use mach3 and load g code ect. Again if there is anyone anywhere near Brighton that can help me learn how to use mach 3 that would be a massive help.

Sounds like a combination of things, pleased to hear it's now working.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

We'll after a bit of trial and a lot of error I started to cut my first road runner. However the power socket trip out shortly after as I think I had to many things plugged in like a oil heater ect.

I now have two question, not that it worries me for this but would would you do if that happened on a big job?

And second the feed rate is really slow for cutting road runner in foam , I have increased it to max feed rate via the over ride on the main screen but it is still very slow so wondering were I increase it further? In the g code?
    Last edited by charlieuk; 28-11-2014 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieuk View Post
    I now have two question, not that it worries me for this but would would you do if that happened on a big job?
    The problem is getting back to exactly where you were with regard to X,Y,Z zero positions. This is where Home switches come in, at least you can zero the machine coordinates with these, regarding work coordinates, when I've jogged the machine to where I want work zero X,Y,Z, I make a note of the corresponding machine coordinates from the Mach3 screen so if juice fails I can return to the same place. Maybe there's a better way but that's what I do because it's easy and understandable. You can then run the G code from the start or a line further on.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieuk View Post
    And second the feed rate is really slow for cutting road runner in foam , I have increased it to max feed rate via the over ride on the main screen but it is still very slow so wondering were I increase it further? In the g code?
    Speed for rapids is set in Mach3 motor tunings, then feed speed is set with the F command in the G code, e.g. F800. You can override it while the G code is running using the slider on Mach3 screen.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Cool will try adjusting it in the g code many thanks!

Remember you might loose steps if you go overboard with it.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 06-11-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    Maybe there's a better way but that's what I do because it's easy and understandable. You can then run the G code from the start or a line further on.
    Yes there is and it's really simple to do. Infact it's something you should get in the habbit of doing if long or important jobs just incase power or PC crashes.

Save the work offset. On the Standard Mach 1024 screen set you'll find it OFFSET's Tab on lower right under SAVE WORK OFFSETS.
    On Gerry's screen you'll fing it on the small Tab offset's Tab again Save OFFSETS.
    If you notice when you close Mach you get the message box "Fixtures Changed" and "Save Fixture" option this is the same as Saving work offsets.
    See pics.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	offsets.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	405.6 KB 
ID:	13811Click image for larger version. 

Name:	offsets_1024.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	392.6 KB 
ID:	13812

Charlie the Road runner file uses Imperial measurements and if using metric units then while Axis scaleing will increase the size it doesn't change the feed rates so you'll need to do this manually by editing G-code.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 06-11-2014 at 05:31 PM.

Cheers thanks for that I will try and figure that all out and get in the habit

ps dean I dropped you a pm

many thanks

Still playing here and trying to work out mach 3. I'm not sure if the problems I am coming across are me or something not working right. I have watched all of the tutorials multiple times and trying to read bits of the manual but I suffer from bad dyslexia so reading is painfully hard and slow.

The first thing that doesn't seam to have any effect is the offline button, with it ether flashing or not the machine still responds to all commands as far as I can tell. Is there something else that has to be done to turn that on not that it's that important.

the second is if I run the road runner program the hit stop button what is the process to start back up again? the reason I ask is if I hit stop then jog a axis to the side to take a look then hit start it sometimes does not return to the last point were I stopped the cut and it starts else were ? it also does not re start the spindle however I assume that is normal and it has to be started manually?

I allso have have a problem with loosing power to the x and y axis , I'm still trying to figure if it's in mach 3 that's stoping it or if it's a fault on the drive which I am waiting to see next time it happens.

Many thanks

I have been testing again and I'm wondering now if it's a setting to do with the arc when it moves between points however I still dong get why it's not starting back were it left off? The first pick I pressed stop jogged to the side and then hit go again. You can see the straight line were I did this and it did not return( centre of pic on his wing)The second pic I hit stop the pressed got to zero and then start and it did a similar thing?(going along his wing) Any ideas is it me or the machine?

Ps if there is anyone willing to give me a mach 3 lesson I would be happy to travel a way for it and pay if needs.

many thanks
    Last edited by charlieuk; 28-11-2014 at 12:55 AM.

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread Information