. .
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    That does make sence and is a good idea I have been thinking along similar lines but drilling some large say 1" dia holes in the table then using the cnc to drill some matching holes in the blank and using a large dowl to locate. Like you say it would be nice not to have to worry about the block being perfect. I guess I should try both and see

yup, thats exactly what im getting on at .... dowels in a blank that locate on the table sound good ... maybe machine round patches into the foam , and have the blank circular in shape

summing like that ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	locator.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	13992  

Not sure I quite under stand ?

I was just thinking you need more surface area in the foam block .or the dowel will press into the foam .... So machining a bigger circular shape provides this larger surface area

I see what you mean I was thinking the dowels could be quite long and go almost all the way through the block, i think it would be stiff enuf then if I used large dowels. It doesn't need ultra high accuracy anything less than 1mm would be very nice. I'm kinda hoping the method I find i can do with out having to change cutters which is a huge 5"x 1 1/4 bullnose or spend too long having to machine things to set up. I think we are on the right lines though

I have been doing some more test cuts with the machine, yesterday I was doing a cut and a bolt on the z axis rail came a fraction out and cased a jam however I was pretty quick at stopping it and I don't think there was any damage.

However today I have had a error come up that I think I have had before in that the z axis is getting a Stall Detection error on it ie 5 red flashes on the driver ( it is a leadshine em806 hocked up to a nema23)

This does not happen straight away it has been maybe 40 min into a job and the z axis has totally stopped, luckily it has stoped at a point were it has not ruined anything yet however I cant find any mechanical problem that would have caused a stall and I can re set the driver and all is ok again but odiously that's not a cure.

so first I need to figure why it is triggering the stall detection? any ideas????

then second is there a way to hock up a signal to go to e stop if this happens for any other reason. ( I have yet to look into this)

so a little confused at the moment, could it be more noise?

many thanks charlie

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 36 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    I think this can happen if the acc is set too high you can set the driver to send out an estop so that the complete machine will stop if any driver goes into fault. I think the signal has to be set up in the software of the driver. I am sure Dean will pop up with the correct way to do it. ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    I think this can happen if the acc is set too high you can set the driver to send out an estop so that the complete machine will stop if any driver goes into fault. I think the signal has to be set up in the software of the driver. I am sure Dean will pop up with the correct way to do it. ..Clive
    Spoke to Charlie about other issue and why but you never mentioned the E-stop.!! . . . So Charlie it's easy enough to do. Tony will understand what to do.
    The drives have fault output that you use to control a relay which is inline with the E-stop.
    The fault signal Logic can be programmed in the drive so can be configured to suit your needs.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 18-12-2014 at 04:14 PM.

cheers many thanks for the advice dean just ordered a few more pulleys to gear it down and will strip it all down this eve and see if I can find what's wrong and were the binding issue is. sorry I forgot to mention the estop thing as I was more focused on fixing the problem. toney is down next weekend fot Christmas so will get him on to it as he has been after things to play with.

many thanks

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread Information