. .
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    We have been running tests all day. We have a ratio of 2.5:1 now. We have been playing with switching between the two drives. We just ran a test with the y and z swaped and without the spindle mounted up and it ran ok however we then ran the same test with the spindle mounted and it tripped the same driver however that driver is on the y axis so looks like it may bea setting in the driver? With a posable link to something else?

Quote Originally Posted by charlieuk View Post
    These are the settings I have for the z. I am struggling to load a driver for the USB to 232 cable for windows 8 that I got from zapp. The cd it came with says windows 8 but it's all in Chinese. We have just swapped the drivers back and re running the file to see if the problem comes back
    Charlie your all cocked up on the settings both on the drives and in Mach3.
    You have the amps set wrong on drives because your using RMS settings not peak so they are getting too many amps. This will make them get hotter than should also you have the stand by current set to off so they will get hot when stood still.
    So set up Dip switches like this and then try.
    1=OFF 2=OFF 3=ON This will give 4.6A which is slightly higher than motors are rated and normally I'd say use next lowest but in your case it won't hurt for now. Thou I would set it correctly in protune at first chance.
    4= ON
    5 /6/7 Leave as set for now thou I would normally use higher than 400 micro steps for smoother motor movement. But you have the steps per set wrong in Mach3 which i'll come to next.
    8=ON

With Mach you need the steps per setting to 200. This is because you have applied a ratio and now your affective pitch as gone from 5mm to 2mm per Rev.
    So 400 / 2= 200 steps per millimeter.

Try these new settings and see how goes.

Dean I notice the arrow on the drive is pointing to the letter C is that correct? .. Clive

hi dean

sorry the picture I posted was when I still had it with the 2:1 ratio it is now set at 199.98 or something around that for the 2.5:1 ratio (this we done through the calibration function in setting on mach)

from my reading of the leadshine manual on page 14 from what we can tell it is saying switch 4 should be off for reducing the idel current?

since we re auto tuned the motor it has not yet stopped again but will adjust these setting once clear on them.

best regards

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Dean I notice the arrow on the drive is pointing to the letter C is that correct? .. Clive
    Yes it's the first custom motor setting. slightly differant to AM882 clive.

from my reading of the leadshine manual on page 14 from what we can tell it is saying switch 4 should be off for reducing the idel current?

Not in my manual see pic.!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	em.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	400.7 KB 
ID:	14202

If you change the Amp setting which you really should then you'll need to re-tune the drive. Always re-tune with any changes made.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 23-12-2014 at 10:28 PM.

this is what we have been going by and what I got from there website. page 14

http://www.leadshine.com/UploadFile/Down/EMhm_P.pdf
    Last edited by charlieuk; 23-12-2014 at 10:38 PM.

Try this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EM806d_P.pdf  

hmm that's interesting that it seams to suggest the opposite very odd! will try switching the settings according to that!
    Many thanks

hmm that's interesting that it seams to suggest the opposite very odd! will try switching the settings according to that!
    Many thanks
    This is correct and it does work 100% tried tested many many times. .

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread Information