. .
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Charlie do you control on/off thru software.? If so then just swap wire going to "For" to "Rev".

Or if you want both forward and reverse options then setup another wire coming from Spindle control relay to the "Rev" and use M4 in your G-code.

cheers guys I guess it would be handy to have booth available I will have to open it up and see if tony wired it like that already

many thanks

I guess if I just use the m4 code it tell me if we wired it for it or not already?

Quote Originally Posted by charlieuk View Post
    I guess if I just use the m4 code it tell me if we wired it for it or not already?
    Yes that would be correct If not as Dean has said just change the position of the cable going to the "For" and put it in the "Rev" terminal in the VFD
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by charlieuk View Post
    Yes and it's likely not.! . . . But Charlie be aware that these spindles are not designed to be run in reverse.? They can unscrew the collet running in reverse if the forces are high.
    In your case I think you'll be ok but still make sure you really tighten the collet.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Yes and it's likely not.! . . . But Charlie be aware that these spindles are not designed to be run in reverse.? They can unscrew the collet running in reverse if the forces are high.
    In your case I think you'll be ok but still make sure you really tighten the collet.
    ok great I havnt been out there today but will go investigate more tomorrow. I think I must have been running counter clockwise all this time then and not realy noticed it as the bits I have been using don't matter which direction they go.

although saying that I did try cut some wood once with a normal bit and it was a very average cut, maybe it had something to do with it spinning the rong way lol must give that another go now I guess and maybe it will actually cut ok haha

what happened to all the pics in this thread ?

have you cut any more boards ?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrat View Post
    what happened to all the pics in this thread ?

have you cut any more boards ?
    I was wondering the same thing, even the pics from some of the build logs seem to be missing ? :(

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread Information