. .
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Oh well, it was worth a shot. I guess it's the switches then, unless the length of the wire runs are causing some issues. Might it be worth trying a spare switch separately on shorter wiring into the csmio to test?

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    You having a laugh Si how could I forget that . . . . . . Cost me a nights sleep away from home and the remaining few strands of hair I had left. . Lol
    It was worth it though to see you dancing around my garden when we got it working though. (yes folks, Dean occasionally does a little dance when he's happy lol).

Thanks for the suggestions anyway

so what do we think the next step is? Run a 3 core wire and try that instead of having them all together?

Try some different switch and if so which ones? Are Any from rs sutable as it would be handy so I could pick one up to try tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieuk View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions anyway

so what do we think the next step is? Run a 3 core wire and try that instead of having them all together?
    That's what I suggested earlier but using single core wire. Capacitance acts like a time delay and that's what you are getting.
    Better still use a piece of CAT 5 twisted pair, it's imunity to noise is good.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 30-10-2014 at 09:07 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    That's what I suggested earlier but using single core wire. Capacitance acts like a time delay and that's what you are getting.
    Better still use a piece of CAT 5 twisted pair, it's imunity to noise is good.
    Sorry I must have missed that I will give it a try.

We'll I tried 3 core shielded the full length and no luck I actually had to set the filter higher but still had the same effect. Running out of ideas, perhaps try a short run of cable just long enough to go straight from the box to the switch? Or try a different type of switch

I'm not giving in! Just wired a short length of cable (2m) straight from the csmio to the same switch and it works perfect so I ether need to some how change the wiring or the switches.

For limits I prefer this type, mechanical with a roller arm. I assume your Home switches are close to the control unit ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ME-8108-Mo...algo=undefined

Also looking at some earlier photo's I don't like the look of your 'target' for the sensor. It looks like a stainless cap head screw, try a piece of flat mild steel instead or a large steel bolt head for example.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 31-10-2014 at 10:23 AM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

The home switches are all on the gantry the only or that could be made closer to the control box is the x home. The triggers are at the moment a stainless bolt in a alli washer I will try all steel now

just tried just a steel bolt and it still had the fault

Quote Originally Posted by charlieuk View Post
    just tried just a steel bolt and it still had the fault
    Did it have a hole in the middle like the cap head screw or was it solid metal right across and at least the same diameter as the proximity switch ?

This is from Baumer inductive sensors catalogue.
    Baumer

"Maximum cable length A large cable length is a capacitive load for the output circuit and increases the influence of interference. Length should therefore be kept as short as possible."

They don't quote a figure for max length though.

This is why I suggested using single core bits of wire just as a test over the distance, the capacitance is going to be low if they are kept well apart.

Save yourself the grief and fit mechanical switches for limits, you won't have these problems then.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 31-10-2014 at 11:14 AM.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread Information