. .
    Ive had this for a year or 2 and had to replace the ram, renewed some of the air lines, fitted some push fit connectors theres still a bunch of leaks comeing from the old copper air lines and brass fittings that i never got round to replaceing but had it going for the first time today using delrin which is all i have at the moment.

The mold came with it,im not sure what the parts are.. maybe panel serts?

It filled the mold fine but the finish on the parts aint that great they seem smoother on the thinnest end of the parts and have a heavy egg shell appearance further along the part as it gets thicker,im not sure how to eliminate it.

the spec sheet for this delrin says 215 degrees C and the mold be heated to 80c i havent heated the mold so will try that next

Crap video below
    Last edited by dazza; 07-03-2014 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deisel View Post
    the spec sheet for this delrin says 215 degrees C and the mold be heated to 80c i havent heated the mold
    I suspect you've answered your own question there, not following the recipe for any dish is a recipe (no pun intended) for a degree of failure ;-)

- Nick

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I suspect you've answered your own question there, not following the recipe for any dish is a recipe (no pun intended) for a degree of failure ;-)

- Nick
    i dont think i have, im not sure it will change anything, but i will do it to rule it out

Heating the mould reduces chilling of the material as it's introduced, thus allowing it to flow & fully fill the mould - matching the surface finish of the mould.
    A similar surface effect can be seen when casting lead bullets, the surface finish fails to match that of the mould until the mould is brought up to working temperature - with bullet casting this is done either by repeatedly casting & discarding product until the results come good or by pre-heating the mould.

Thread Information