. .

Thread: Font cutting

Hi All
    I need a little help Guys please
    I am now 56 years old and had a hard life the reason I say this is I am not sure if its my head or brain thats letting me down or my softwear
    In Vcarve pro when I do a sign and in single line font , when I ask lord vcarve pro to generate the Gcode it comes up say ,,,20 vectors open 2 closed and he refuses to write the g code for me , can anyone tell me where I am going wrong or not doing or what i should be doing .
    The painfull thing about this whole issue is I use to do this easy but now i cant think/ remember what i need to do.
    I have now fixed some string to my gloves and put through my jumper sleeves and put a large L and R on my slippers and writing things down.
    Please Help
    Pete

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    In Vcarve pro when I do a sign and in single line font , when I ask lord vcarve pro to generate the Gcode it comes up say ,,,20 vectors open 2 closed and he refuses to write the g code for me , can anyone tell me where I am going wrong or not doing or what i should be doing .
    Have you tried going to the Drawing Tab and then to Edit there is an Object that looks like a necklace (if you hover over it, it says join open vectors) First you have to select all your vectors from the drawing. ..Clive O.A.P

Hi Clive O.A.P
    Thanks for that
    I will try that bud
    Now where did i put my glasses
    Pete

I think you have to select text, then right click and select "convert to curves", then as Pete says close vectors.
    I have used the "fluting" tool path when being lazy, no need to close all vectors
    If you can get away with a true type font, you can just use the engrave tool path button. No messing

Of course it's early in the morning, so all above could be tosh !!!!!!!

You can't V Carve single line fonts. You either need to use an engraving toolpath as mentioned, or a profile toolpath ON the lines.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Thanks All
    Got it.......old age is a bugger
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by petesos View Post
    Thanks All
    Pete
    Tell me about it

Quote Originally Posted by petesos View Post
    Thanks All
    Pete
    It's a bigger one that 56 is deemed 'old'
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Only by physical age mentally we are all 16

Quote Originally Posted by gorbo View Post
    Only by physical age mentally we are all 16
    Is that my wife replying as she tells me them exact words but she uses a few harsh ones that a woman shouldn't use
    Pete

Thread Information