. .
    Hi forum, I'm Dave from Barnsley, South Yorkshire :)

I've started to get into electronics as part of my general interest in computer case modding and tinkering, deciding it maybe a nice project to build something small to start with for CNC PCB isolation routing. Eventually I'd like to progress to MDF/Wood and Aluminium but am keen to learn some of the basics and get a small working machine then use my new skills to build up to something larger. Right now I'm between housing living in the attic at my parents house so its going be a small machine to start and once I get a place I can look to expand.

I'm from an IT support background so get along with most tech once I've got the basics but have no real engineering experience but enjoy my DIY bits and problem solving so I think this should give me something to sink my teeth into for a while.

I'm sure you'll see me posting very shortly about some parts I already have and where I can take my ideas to an actual design.

Hi Dave and welcome.

I'm just up road (Hemsworth) so if your in need of any help just let me know.

Hi Dave, welcome. I'm near Ponty hospital so A+E in nice and handy

Quote Originally Posted by r0bsk1 View Post
    Hi Dave, welcome. I'm near Ponty hospital so A+E in nice and handy
    Oh shite he's from Chequerfield Estate bolt everything down. .

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Oh shite he's from Chequerfield Estate bolt everything down. .
    I'm not actually but yeah its full of scroates. A couple of which are limping after messing with my bike...

Quote Originally Posted by r0bsk1 View Post
    I'm not actually but yeah its full of scroates. A couple of which are limping after messing with my bike...
    They don't limp after they mess with my bikes.!

Lives in Barnsley, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 28-02-2014 Has been a member for 7-8 years. Has a total post count of 1.
    Hi Dave

I am in Barnsley too , so if you want to drop in for a chat let me know , my machine is not far off completion

Regards

Tony

Location unknown. Maker Last Activity: Has a total post count of n/a. Referred 6106 members to the community.
    hi Dave/ Forum,

Im a new member, jst now to the forum. Im a Furniture maker up in the lake district.

Im looking for some help with my CNC as its not happy as of this morning!

I have a piranha PJCM1325-3 with a rich auto controller, and for running this machine for well over a year, its been good as gold. A few minor problems here and there, which Ive manage to fix.

This time Im stumped!!!

This morning I switched on as per usual, but the controller froze at 81%. Couldn't do anything with it! I figured out by holding the ok button down as i switched it on allowed it to boot, but displayed a emergency status menu. This gave me 4 options: Update system. Show version. Format System. and Initial Data. either the Update or format asked for a memory stick with some data on it. however i don't know what this needs to be?

Has anyone had this problem or can point me in a direction?

id be very greatfull.

ta gaz

Have you tried contacting these people ? they deal with Piranha machines.
    Piranha Tech
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Thread Information