. .
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I think the Trotec uses a small dc motor and everything mechanical is kept very light.

May just go with the closed loop stepper motors for now and then maybe upgrade to a servo motor (on just the x axis) in the future if need be. Going to buy the stepper sets from Aliexpress and hope for a similer good experience. I don't think they will come till after christmas, so I can get to work on the frame in the meantime.

Im thinking box section construction, which I will level with epoxy to mount all the components on a flat plane. I could use shims but id like to give the epoxy method a try.
    Last edited by gavztheouch; 16-12-2014 at 03:26 PM.
    CNC routing and prototyping services www.cncscotland.co.uk

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

Interesting. About the Mjunit. Looks Well thought. Could you tell us some more info please?

-What is the sliding element? I can not figure that from the photos.
    - v or u bearings ? balls like Hiwin?
    -size/type timing belt?
    -What the price for the setup you bought? Looking at aliexpress but all say same price, may be the price of an element
    -Does it seem precise, i mean move smoothly and without play?
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Hi Silyavski,

I paid £600 for the 900 by 600mm laser kit, import tax brought the total up to £750. You contact the seller and he/she will send you a quote.

The sliding element is 4 U bearings. The extrusion is Alu alloy but the tracks that the U bearings slide on is not, I guess stainless steel or chrome plated steel? I will take some pictures to show you.

Im not sure about the timing belt will need to measure.

It seems quite precise and smooth with no play. Time will tell how it really performs.

After buying this kit I recently spotted a second company selling smiler items. http://www.ccmmade.com/ I think the mjunit laser stuff looks better, but this other company has videos on their website and facebook page you can check out. Their prices are also cheaper.

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

Thanks.

At the second link they seem they have also slightly bigger 60x60mm.

i figured why the 3:1 ratio, they build it for time lapse photography, where a resolution is needed.

i figured why the 3:1 ratio, they build it for time lapse photography, where a resolution is needed.
    Its also common for lasers to have a 3:1 reduction ratio. I think it is to help the motor overcome the inertia due to the high acceleration and quick changes in direction?

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

Need your brains!!!
    I've got a cheapo laser cutter and am having problems with it....anyone around Derbyshire /Manchester way I could pay to help fix it? Or even a few miles out I'll cove cover travel of course. Please help me :(

Started making the frame today out of 100mm box section. Not much else to say.

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

Little update on the laser build. Finished welding the basic frame and have made a start on the movable table/z-axis. My laser will be a little different as usually a laser table is raised and lowered via four screws, one in each corner. My design is more like a knee mill with one large linear bearing and screw. I am relying on the mech being stiff enough to resist twisting. The large linear bearing was originally a secondary z-axis carrying a 5hp router on a big cnc router so it should be up to the job. There is only one bearing in the picture, but I have two to prevent twisting.

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

Nice, cant wait to see that finished. So you are making it a kind of like 3d printer? The bed i mean. But whats the purpose behind that? Different height, big entire objects for cutting or engraving?

Quote Originally Posted by silyavski View Post
    Nice, cant wait to see that finished. So you are making it a kind of like 3d printer? The bed i mean. But whats the purpose behind that? Different height, big entire objects for cutting or engraving?
    Exactly that yes, if you want to laser thick foam or engrave a deep box you can drop the table. Some machines also have a fixed focus lens so you use the bed to focus the laser at the right height. My laser has an adjustable head but the table will be handy for larger items.

I am trying to simplify the z-axis/table cause the normal way of doing it looks complicated. Google it to see what I mean. Mine is more like a knee mill, I plan to use a car sissor jack to move the knee/table.

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information