. .

Thread: New Member

Hello all,
    I'm in the process of re-establishing a home workshop after having moved to the UK from South Africa 6 years ago. I have recently acquired a Chester DB7V lathe and Champion 16V mill. I'm in the process of fitting DRO's to both machines, and want to work up towards full CNC as time and funds permit. While I have some machining experience and an electronics background from way back when, I am an absolute novice when it comes to CNC, g-code etc.

I've been reading some posts on this forum and it looks like a great group of guys. Looking forward to learning a lot (and hopefully someday contributing a little)

When you say, "full CNC", what machine will it be based on, mill, lathe, router, other ?
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 27-02-2014 at 10:56 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    When you say, "full CNC", what machine will it be based on, mill, lathe, router, other ?
    I plan to convert the mini-lathe first and then the mini-mill. Starting with DROs for manual work and then install steppers, upgrade lead screws, etc and then have a go at g-code
    My ultimate aim is to be able to machine 3D shapes in titanium for my jewellery and knife making hobbies

Thread Information