. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by IanParkin View Post
    Anyone prepared to talk me through on the phone?

Ian
    Not used Ipac but i'm sure I can talk you thru getting this working so I'll PM you my number.

If you go on the ipac website you can download the client which allows you to set any input on the ipac to any button (or combo) you like.

You just plug it into your PC, run the software and use the graphical interface to setup however you wish. The labels on the ipac pcb refer to the software so its easy to know which your using. There a full guide to configuring it in the ipac website, you just need to know what key in mach3 does what then its up to you which input in the pcb you assign to what function.

I've got a ipac2 which controls a modified skyHD box I've squeezed a PC into :)

Ok just checked out the Ipac.

This is simple really. No need to to mess with Client software or re-programming the I-pac.

Lets pick for instance Cycle start. Choose the input your going to use on the I-pac and fit a button, lets say "start 1" then get the Key code it use's which in this case is "1"

Now this this the bit where you need Mach screen designer found here Hard - und Software

This software is good but has it's little quirks so you'll need to get used to how it works so I suggest you make a copy of any screen sets your working on and for good measure I'd also backup your XML file.

What you do is easy. Load the screen set your using. Select the screen button your emulating and now in the box that appears select image button from list, now in the floating properties menu window you'll see all the options for that button. There you'll see Hot key so click in it and type the i-pac code for the input your using.

It's that simple. Oh remember to push enter after changing code and then obviosly save before closing. . Lol.

Heres my finished panel
    Many thanks to Jazz for his patient help on the phone explaining to a numpty like me how to use the screen software

I've dangled the box from the ceiling so I can use it easily stood up while setting things on the router

Works perfectly for what I need to do very please with itClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01959 (Small).JPG 
Views:	356 
Size:	154.6 KB 
ID:	11935Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01958 (Small).JPG 
Views:	358 
Size:	111.1 KB 
ID:	11936Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01957 (Small).JPG 
Views:	353 
Size:	109.6 KB 
ID:	11937

Your Welcome and pleased your working.! . . . It's also nice to see someone else have the same " I know where everything is" organised workshop. .

Convergence of hobbies! I build arcade control panels for MAME.

Is there a thread somewhere for showing your CNC control panel designs? :)

I like the industrial look you got going there Ian, but I'm not sure about all the buttons being the same colour, that's the sort of thing that risks a core meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbowley View Post
    Convergence of hobbies! I build arcade control panels for MAME.

Is there a thread somewhere for showing your CNC control panel designs? :)
    Not seen a thread on control panels but it's not difficult provided you have enough inputs or some keyboard emulator. I don't build control panels as such but do build in some small form of control on front of machines. Like this.!
    Latest one just done has a joy stick on and few other buttons for Axis Jogging but not no pic sorry.!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	control.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	13308

Nice.

And not a million miles from my desktop control panels!

Any chance you could list the controls for me? There are a lot of buttons on the Mach3 interface I haven't tried yet, some of them might be useful for all I know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP3409 (Large).JPG 
Views:	229 
Size:	183.1 KB 
ID:	13309  

Can do but not all are controlling mach3 modes in fact only 3 mach buttons are controlled via trigger codes. Cycle start, feed hold and Reset. Some signals are sent to Mach inputs to inform about E-stop and to reset after E-stop etc.

Starting left to right.
    #1 On/off switch and LED This just turns off 24v to control system so nothing can be turned on.
    #2 Momentary Reset and Led which latches safety E-stop circuit(relay) on and Reset's Mach.(Trigger/Button)
    #3 Oh shite Button connected to latching circuit and Signal back to mach informing E-stop(Input)
    #4 Cycle start (Trigger/Button)
    #5 Feed hold (Trigger/Button)
    #6 Limit override

Ian, good idea using that ipac setup, its a cheap way to hook up a load of controls, just remember not to route anything important through it such as the "Oh shite" button Jazz mentions.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information