. .
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    I’m here lookingfor help again and hoping you may be able to spare some time to review my schematic,as I am going around in circles and confusing myself.

I have tried tobreak down the schematic into sub-systems that simplifies it.

Page 1 –Covers the VFD, spindle control, breakout board and ESS.

Page 2 – Thepower supplies for the various boards, drives and VFD.

Page 3 – Relays,Option 1, in this I proposes the use of 4PDT 24Vdc 10A relays for the mainsafety relays (K1, K2 & K3), limit switches, home switches and touch probe.

Page 4 – Relays,Option 2, this is my failed attempt of incorporate a couple of PILZ relays Ihave, but got stuck with the wiring. I wanted to use a PNOZ X7 (774059) as K2and either PNOZ X9P (777609) or PZE 9 (774150) as K1. Not even sure it’spossible.

Page 5 – Stepperdrives and motors.

I have beenlooking at this for some time and need further advice as the components havechanged to include spindle control, ESS, etc.

I've read otherposts on MYCNC regarding control panels but the selection of the various componentssuch as suitable MCBs, home & limit switches, earthing, etc isconfusing due to the number and variation available.

Any adviseor guidance will be welcome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Control Cabinet2_Page 5_Ar2.pdf 
Views:	219 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	11727Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Control Cabinet2_Page 4_Ar2.pdf 
Views:	224 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	11728Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Control Cabinet2_Page 3_Ar2.pdf 
Views:	220 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	11729Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Control Cabinet2_Page 2_Ar2.pdf 
Views:	175 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	11730Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Control Cabinet2_Page 1_Ar2.pdf 
Views:	247 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	11731

Not sure why the pdf's are showing up as black boxes but they seem to open?

Jim
    Last edited by GTJim; 02-03-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Shit forgot to reply to your email Jim Sorry I will now. Or better still email me your number and I'll give you a ring as it much easier over the phone.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I've not looked in great detail but the following stand out to me-
    Home switches should be wired NC if you're looping them together.
    Do you really need to use two seperate relays for limits and E-stops?
    I know it can be nice to know what's just caused everything to grind to a halt, but it does add cost and complexity for little practical benefit when you could simply wire the limit swithced in series with the e-stops. And if you're unsure what's caused things to stop, hitting the limit overide should tell you if it's a limit or e-stop issue.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I've not looked in great detail but the following stand out to me-
    Home switches should be wired NC if you're looping them together.
    They are NC switches but there's a bigger problem here.? The A2 on K1 relay doesn't go to 0V it goes to 15-70V on the BOB so it won't ever turn on.!

Also don't kill power to the BOB leave it running.

Ring me Jim.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 02-03-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    They are NC switches
    I know they are, but they're shown wired NO in the diagram...
    Unless Jim is planning on them only being activated when in the home position, then it's wrong.
    Good catch on the BOB power. You really don't want to kill that.

I know they are, but they're shown wired NO in the diagram...
    Unless Jim is planning on them only being activated when in the home position, then it's wrong.
    Erm ye go on then I'll let you have it on technical merit. . . . . . But I think it's just that Jim found the first symbol of a switch to use and thats why he wrote NC so we'd know which switch type.?

You ain't getting nothing on technical merit!
    He's got COM, NC, and NO shown, but has used the COM & NO in the diagram.

You ain't getting nothing on technical merit!
    He's got COM, NC, and NO shown, but has used the COM & NO in the diagram.
    Sorry MR my mistake didn't notice you said Home switches I was looking at Limit switches. Obvioulsy your correct and I'll go sit in the naughty corner. .Lol

Yes Moray that's quite fitting to me this last week has lack of sleep along with diminishing eye sight have made for some Dunce moments.!! . . . . I may just make a sign like that for the door. . Lol
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 02-03-2014 at 02:09 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information