. .
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by firetrappe View Post
    Dean, they're just LED lamp holders. One as a 'ac power on' indicator (so I don't forget to switch it off!), the other connected across the NC terminals of the contactor to show when it's not latched on.
    Ah ok for a mo I thought you'd put Reset button and stuff in door instead of on machine and trying to send me bonkers. . .Lol

Fastlec are sometimes okay, compare prices.

Industrial Automation & Control Systems - Fastlec.co.uk
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    Fastlec are sometimes okay, compare prices.

Industrial Automation & Control Systems - Fastlec.co.uk
    You joking they are nearly twice the price for Din terminals.!!

That's why I said compare prices, some things a dearer some are okay.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Quote Originally Posted by firetrappe View Post
    I could have got away with just a vent at the top, but as I had 2 fans and a load of filters I thought i'd use them.
    Have you been using the machine then and got a feel for the kind of temperatures reached in the panel ? I was hoping to use just a vent on top myself with 2 fans sucking in via filters.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Ah ok for a mo I thought you'd put Reset button and stuff in door instead of on machine and trying to send me bonkers. . .Lol
    Lol, no mate. 24v on/off switch, reset, e-stop, limit override and feedhold buttons should all be on the machine control panel.
    I added a lamp on the contactor as I've been caught out a few times at work when e-stop buttons have accidently been pressed while a machine was powered off. Then i've gone round checking guards and fuses before i've realised why there was no life in the machine when I switched it on :/

Have you been using the machine then and got a feel for the kind of temperatures reached in the panel ? I was hoping to use just a vent on top myself with 2 fans sucking in via filters.
    A bit like you I've been working on the control panel before the machine. I've no idea what the temps will be inside the panel during use. I didn't really have space for both fans on the bottom gland plate. I figured the one at the top should help evacuate warm air from the drivers' heatsinks, hopefully it will also prevent dust settling on top of the vent/filter during use too.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    The reason I put mine on the door was because it's wall mounted and right next to the machine, I got a wireless MPG pendant that I'll be using most times.

The reason I put mine on the door was because it's wall mounted and right next to the machine, I got a wireless MPG pendant that I'll be using most times.
    Ah ye your probably wondering why it might send me bonkers.?. . Lol . . . I'm building the machine for Si and we are putting Switches, Reset and E-stop, feedhold etc in control panel on front of machine so when I saw what looked like switches in door I thought we'd got ( Get ready for the Pun.!!) . . Crossed wires . . Lol

Hello,
    I'm new to CNC machine, I need your help. I have difficult in understanding the limit switch and the homing switch. I prefer to seprate the homing from limiting, i have 6 limit switch and 6 inductive proximity switch, I was planning to use the 6 limit switch for limiting (2 on each axis) and use 3 of the 6 inductive switch (one on each axis) and one inductive on x' axis for auto squaring (dual drive x axis), my problem is where to connect the limit & inductive switch on the Pmdx-126 ?! On which port?! Does I need relay ?!
    Appreciate your help.
    Murad

Hi GTJim. I have been looking at the very nice wiring diagrams you have made for your router. I have actually based my diagrams on your drawings, since we have very similar setups, and I did not know so much about safety relays.
    I noticed that you use a separate time delay relay for the power supply (1 to 10s). But this is not really required. The Pilz PNOZ X9 safety relay has an on-delay of approx. 200ms (manual reset) which is fine for this use. 1 to 10 s is way too long time and only results in heating up the resistor.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information