. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dear all,

I am after a coolant to for my mill to cut metals a range ofgeneral metals. I am a novice but I like the look of the last one, there aredata sheets for it. If anyone can adviseon this it would be of help.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G-P-Soluble-Cutting-Oil-Coolant-White-Water-1-x-1-ltr-/250443189387?pt=UK_BOI_Metalworking_Milling_Weldin g_Metalworking_Supplies_ET&hash=item3a4f93cc8b

----------------

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FR9-WATER-SOLUBLE-CUTTING-FLUID-WHITE-SUDS-GENERAL-PROPOSE-COOLANT-FREE-POST-/171254151278?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item2 7df8af86e

--------------

http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catalogue/Protection-Grease-Adhesives/Rock-Oil-Lubricants

I want one that works well, is good in health terms and good value
    Just a quick thank you to you guys that helped with my lastpost.
    Many thanks
    Suesi
    Last edited by suesi34e; 02-03-2014 at 09:01 PM.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    The first two are pretty much the same, and are your usual conventional soluble oils.
    The Arc one is a more modern synthetic oil (it shouldn't go mouldy or smell as quick, but I've personally never had any issues with conventional oils!)

I've used the conventional white soluble oils for years, however I'm currently searching for slideway oil so will probably buy whatever soluble cutting fluid that supplier has for a reasonable price. Unless you really need an oil to cover some specific machining need, then it won't make that much difference.

It is a bit confusing that you have to ask. To use suds you usually have a tank, pump, flow control, pointable nozzle, splash guards, return hoses and filter. If you have all that then you might be expected to know what to do with it. If you don't have all that, suds may not be your best choice unless you plan to get all that
    Last edited by Robin Hewitt; 02-03-2014 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    It is a bit confusing that you have to ask. To use suds you usually have a tank, pump, flow control, pointable nozzle, splash guards, return hoses and filter. If you have all that then you might be expected to know what to do with it.
    Robin Can't say that because althought the Lady may have all the gear and know how it works or been shown it doesn't follow she knows what to put into it.? To me that's exactly what she's asking WHAT COOLANT DO I USE.!!. . . Not How do I use it.!

Suesi Like M_C says any of those will work for general cutting but the synthetic may be best in your case to avoid Mould, smell etc.

Jazz, Calm down dear it is only an advert.

Suesi, you have asked for coolant advice which probably means your tooling is burning out? If your tooling is burning out flood coolant may help but it is not the first thing you look to change. Give us a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    Jazz, Calm down dear it is only an advert.

Suesi, you have asked for coolant advice which probably means your tooling is burning out? If your tooling is burning out flood coolant may help but it is not the first thing you look to change. Give us a clue.
    Robin I'm calm as still water Buddy but don't you think your being a Tad negative and Assuming too much here.?? . . . . The Lady(Erm I may be assuming too much here she's a Lady with the name Suesi.?) could just be curious to which coolant is best and have no problem what so ever.! . . .Sure if she had a problem the post would say " I Have a Problem, Please Help!!"

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I can't think of ever meeting any woman called Steve...;)
    Don't Triacs come with flood coolant?

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I can't think of ever meeting any woman called Steve...;)
    Don't Triacs come with flood coolant?
    Why not, most of us have heard of a" boy called Sue", but I do agree an earlier post signed off Steve. G.

Robin is a girls name, just because you can't see the pony tail in my avatar doesn't mean it isn't there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information