. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi chaps. My last spindle died when a bearing went. I ordered what I hoped would be a direct replacement. But when it turned up the wiring is different. The spindle I had before had the wiring connector clipped onto the spindle. This new one as the wires inside a black box on the front. Inside the lid it states 330v, or 220v. There are three terminals and also an earth terminal. But I have know idea which of the three terminals to use. There are know instructions at all. I was hoping to keep using the original VFD to run the new spindle. The old spindle was 3.5kw, the new one is 4kw. Can anyone please help . Thanks

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by terry1956 View Post
    Hi chaps. My last spindle died when a bearing went. I ordered what I hoped would be a direct replacement. But when it turned up the wiring is different. The spindle I had before had the wiring connector clipped onto the spindle. This new one as the wires inside a black box on the front. Inside the lid it states 330v, or 220v. There are three terminals and also an earth terminal. But I have know idea which of the three terminals to use. There are know instructions at all. I was hoping to keep using the original VFD to run the new spindle. The old spindle was 3.5kw, the new one is 4kw. Can anyone please help . Thanks
    To be sure a picture of the connections would help plust a picture of the VFD wiring
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9AC2E6EF-A5C1-421A-9378-3105E22AF965.jpeg 
Views:	123 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	27831

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35043E68-4F6A-4626-8F1B-E2A473F62758.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	27834

Hope these help, sorry I don’t have a very good camera

Possibly a part number for the motor? the images are a little indistinct. Also part number of the VFD?

The vfm is wired to the spindle, using terminals E,R,S. Inside the spindle cover is the following information. 220v, pin W2,U1. pin U2,V1. Pin V2,W1. And also. 330v. Pin W2 U1. pin U2,V1. pin V2,W1. None of which makes any sense to me at all.

Can't advise at this stage without more info (see above) - it sounds as though you was wired for a single-phase motor and your new one is three phase, but I'm guessing an awful lot. Does the VFD have a R, S and T terminal? (it'd be good if it does and the new spindle is 3-phase)

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by terry1956 View Post
    The vfm is wired to the spindle, using terminals E,R,S. Inside the spindle cover is the following information. 220v, pin W2,U1. pin U2,V1. Pin V2,W1. And also. 330v. Pin W2 U1. pin U2,V1. pin V2,W1. None of which makes any sense to me at all.
    Can you take another pic of the black box without your hand holding it so that you can see the terminals
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information