. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by LucD View Post
    Same controller exactly. Its works machine, I have a motor lined up but need to know the max current output of the controller. The motor itself is a higher speed one so ought to do 5000 rpm
    Im not too sure on the specs of the controller, i would just google it to help you find that out. Can i ask what spindle you have? incase i want to upgrade mine later?

Lives in Congleton, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16-02-2020 Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 10. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roboteernat View Post
    Im not too sure on the specs of the controller, i would just google it to help you find that out. Can i ask what spindle you have? incase i want to upgrade mine later?
    You can, its a bit of a frankenmotor,

I had an old dc treadmill motor, machined a new front plate for it and bearing housing and assembled the lowest resistance motor i could out of the armatures with the most powerful magnets. I have tested the motor and can get 1.2kW out of it. But could do with finding what the drive can provide.

Lives in Congleton, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16-02-2020 Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 10. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    The bigger improvement i have done was to change the pulleys and belt to have a higher speed on the spindle. if i was to do it again though i would butcher one of the 400Hz Chinese 3 phased spindle motors and fit one of them. Then get higher speed and higher torque.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LucD For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information