. .

Thread: New to CNC

Hi all,

I've never done any or even seen a cnc in action but have ordered one from ukcnc which will hopefully be ready in a week or two. I've got the power supply and a Kress spindle already and a 4th axis which I bought from ebay.

I've been given a lot of advice on different packages to use to design such as artcam but until I get the machine its all dutch.

I'm getting the machine predominantly to do some woodworking stuff and currently make pens with my woodturning lathe so will make boxes and the like to start with the 4th axis staying in the box for a while. If there is anyone around the west country that wouldn't mind giving a few demos/lessons, I'd be very grateful and happy to pay.

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,725. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    How west is west country? PM me if you don't want to be too precise on the forum. I'm in South Devon.

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    How west is west country? PM me if you don't want to be too precise on the forum. I'm in South Devon.
    I wish it was South Devon Neale, especially Salcombe but its near to Weston-super-Mare

Thread Information