. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by fandango View Post
    I'm OK with blunt so don't worry.

Individual PSUs running @60V @6A to the motors so I think they'll be OK.
    No not really.!!. . 60V is low for a nema34 motor and 75V would be a minimum to get anything like decent speed and torque from them. You'll be lucky to reach 800rpm with 60Vdc and get anything like usable torque. So with your 5mm pitch you'll have maximum speed of around 4000-4500mm/min and that will be rapid speed with torque at it's lowest so realistic maximum cutting speed will be around 3500-4000mm/min. Which for wood's and some plastics just isn't fast enough to get anything like correct chip load.
    It's wrong to think about feedrates in terms of Business or Hobby because it's more to do with tool life and quality of finish than whether or not your in a rush.!

Quote Originally Posted by fandango View Post
    40mm box was for the frame only - was going to use 125 x 20mm BMS for the gantry sides, with 50 x 20mm flat bar as anchor points and mounting. Can beef up the frame to 60 box no probs, but was going to anchor to the floor after leveling so thought it didn't matter about 40 box.
    I've built plenty of steel framed machines now and 50x50 is the minimum I'd use for a machine this size on any major frame parts. 40x40 will be ok for diagonal braces etc but not structural frame work. 60x60x5 is my prefered choice.

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    Please don't hijack other people's threads, start your own. Suggest you do so and delete this then I'll answer your question.
    Probably better still to start at the very beginning and not have an advanced build thread like this in the "New Member Introductions" section?

But really, this is nothing more than VERY New Members finding their way around........ Please give peace a chance .......

Quote Originally Posted by AndyGuid View Post
    Probably better still to start at the very beginning and not have an advanced build thread like this in the "New Member Introductions" section?

But really, this is nothing more than VERY New Members finding their way around........ Please give peace a chance .......
    On the money there Andy, not sure why Irving replied in such an abrasive way, must of been having a bad day or something?

Will do the moderating on this thread shortly and make any adjustments, will start you a fresh one Dan.

.Me
    .Me

4. Didn't think I was abrasive :(, I said please... But answering Dan's questions would have hijacked the thread further.

Might have been frustration over inability to do the moderating myself :) given the number of spam-like posts that have annoyed me recently :(

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    Didn't think I was abrasive :(, I said please... But answering Dan's questions would have hijacked the thread further.
    No neither did I Irving you where polite and to the point.!! . . . . . Some people are just too sensitive. . . . . (Makes a change from me getting slated for being abrasive thou.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information