. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Keeping the speed fixed, I varied the power this morning and got this set of results.

32A

35A

40A

The 32A cut is terrible, there is severe bevelling on the X axis cuts but oddly not on the Y axis cuts, no idea what's at play there?

I think the 35A cut is best, the dross knocked off pretty easy and it's on size.

The 40A cut is not much different than the 35 one so best speed is likely 35-37A?

Overall, I'm not impressed and am slowly losing faith. it seems this machine needs way more power than it should and does not give results to match, yet.

Do any of these cuts look respectable?

What Machine is it.?

Which the CNC or the plasma?

the plasma is an r-tech p50hf and the machine was built by myself, basic belt drive, stepper motors, mach3 & sheetcam software.

Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    Which the CNC or the plasma?

the plasma is an r-tech p50hf and the machine was built by myself, basic belt drive, stepper motors, mach3 & sheetcam software.
    I was meaning Plasma because I thought with this statement you meant your not happy with Plasma machine.? . . . Which did you mean.?

Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    I'm not impressed and am slowly losing faith. it seems this machine needs way more power than it should and does not give results to match, yet.
    If you mean Plasma then i'm surprised because R-tech are great Company to deal with and I've yet to know of any who use there Stuff and complain.

My Tig welder is awsome and I was just considering buying a Plasma from them.!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 25-03-2014 at 10:31 PM.

Yes, I have their I-mig160 and it's great, it just seems odd that I've been really struggling with this beast when it should be easier I'm sure.

It will not cut 1.5 mm at all and prefers to just vaporise the metal and have the arc wandering about looking for fresh meat, this I'm told indicates running too slow but increasing it causes it to stop cutting which means increase power!

speaking to r-tech yesterday, who usually are great, left me with the impression that they have run out if ideas and it must be something I'm doing and it just needs dialling in, but with conflicting results, I'm not going to get anywhere.

They have been very helpful so far but I've hit a brick wall.

i wanted to cut artistic stuff but with some of the results I'm getting, I can only just about manage a simple circle in a square!

Ok, I'm making progress now, anyone recommend a THC controller.

the Proma units are affordable and seem ok?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information