. .
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Hi all.
    i am a newbie to the sit and to the world of cnc routers.
    i want to design and make my own house numbers house signs from cement/concrete, and i need to design moulds to take a silicone mould from. so i was thinking if i could get to know how to use one of these amazing toys then i may have found what i am looking for.
    if you can visualise the typical house sign, it is usually engraved into slate or wood or stone with the appearance of it being carved out. this is the finish i am looking for.
    not planning on anything big in size, but if the cost of a build to the next size up from 3040 is minimal then that is something to consider.
    so anyway i just wondered if anyone in this forum would like to help me and take on the job of making me a router that will do the job?

Anyone interested i would love to here your thoughts.
    Thanks for now
    Peter

Where are you Peter?

Hi Peter forget those Chinese machines for what you want to do as you need a machine with a good dust extraction hood. I'm guessing your going to want to make the masters out of something like dental plaster so that's going to make lots of dust.

It might be a good idea to say were about your from in the UK so as members local to you might be able to help. As for the mould what about using latex as silicone is very expensive unless your going to make 1000's

Mike :)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to longy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by longy View Post
    It might be a good idea to say were about your from in the UK so as members local to you might be able to help.
    It used to say under the member's ID where they come from. Recently an option was changed in the forum software so you rather inconveniently have to move your mouse over the flag to see that he's in Norwich:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mycncuk_location.png 
Views:	583 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	11912
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jonathan For This Useful Post:

Northwich ??

If you fancy a drive over to sheffield Peter I can show you what I made that will certainly do what you need

Ian

9. The Following User Says Thank You to IanParkin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    It used to say under the member's ID where they come from. Recently an option was changed in the forum software so you rather inconveniently have to move your mouse over the flag to see that he's in Norwich:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mycncuk_location.png 
Views:	583 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	11912
    Thanks Jonathan, least I will know now.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by IanParkin View Post
    Where are you Peter?
    Hi Ian
    i am in Northwich Cheshire,

but dont mind travelling at all

cheers

peter

Quote Originally Posted by longy View Post
    Hi Peter forget those Chinese machines for what you want to do as you need a machine with a good dust extraction hood. I'm guessing your going to want to make the masters out of something like dental plaster so that's going to make lots of dust.

It might be a good idea to say were about your from in the UK so as members local to you might be able to help. As for the mould what about using latex as silicone is very expensive unless your going to make 1000's

Mike :)
    Hi Mike thanks for the reply. I am in Northwich Cheshire. I will find some photos of the silicon rubber i will be using, but basically it will take a mould from anything, so i was thinking of using either mdf plywood or even plastic sheet for the routeing process.

put on photos asap.

peter

Quote Originally Posted by IanParkin View Post
    Where are you Peter?
    Hi Ian

Thanks for the reply, i am in Northwich Cheshire

Peter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information