. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    When you say it went funny without the spindle running, was the VFD switched on or off ?
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

The ball nuts seemed fine but I will unbolt the X and A ball nuts from the side plates to check them again.

I'm sure the VFD was switched off at the wall.
    Last edited by Bush Flyer; 26-03-2014 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bush Flyer View Post
    When it goes wrong the g-code stops in it's tracks along with the machine and then carries on but not in the right place or one of the X or A stepper motors takes a extra second before moving with the other one.
    Ok this needs explaining better.? When you say the G-code Stops plus Machine then it carrys on do you mean it pause's for a second then continues.?

If so then this is indicates a computer problem and Something is interupting Mach. If this is the case then don't do anything else to wiring or Mach setup untill you've fixed the Computer. Mach cannot be interupted for even a split second otherwise it will cause lost timings in the pulse train and you'll get exactly what your getting.

Remove any virus checkers, Disconnect from internet and turnoff any wireless, Turnoff screen savers and Energy saving features, Remove Apple Quick time or Adobe products as they cause interupts.
    Infact remove any programs that you don't need.

You need a very basic stripped down windows with just Mach on it.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 26-03-2014 at 09:54 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Yes, I asked what other software was running earlier.
    And this is the best place to know what services etc. you can safely get rid of, this is Windows 32bit but there's all the others there too.

» Black Viper’s Windows XP x86 (32-bit) Service Pack 3 Service Configurations
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 26-03-2014 at 10:14 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

7. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:

Yes the whole lot stops just for a second and then carries on. Tomorrow I will remove anything I can, This looks promising, thanks I really do appreciate it.
    I thought when you asked if any software was running, that you meant I was running something else on the computer like a drafting program, at the same time as Mach3, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.
    Last edited by Bush Flyer; 26-03-2014 at 10:59 PM.

Well I thought I would end this thread thanking Jazzcnc and Eddycurrent for all there help. I have now had my cnc running on and off for over 20 hours and it has never missed a step. It looks like it was the computer that must have been doing something by itself, so I have the computer now with no wifi, no virus checker no updates no screensaver etc. And everything I could remove has been removed.
    Many thanks, I appreciate your time and help.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bush Flyer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bush Flyer View Post
    Well I thought I would end this thread thanking Jazzcnc and Eddycurrent for all there help.

Your welcome and pleased your sorted.!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information