. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Evening all,

As the title suggests my tool changer needs 100 PSI. My 50 liter compressordrops way below that before it kicks in to build up. My question is does anyoneknow of a compressor that I could set to kick in at a 100 PSI and that willcope with that? One not costing silly money would be great too! I am lookingfor a new one really so it has a warranty if it goes bang.

Hope some of you guys that know your compressors can help!

Many thanks

Suesi

Generally you can set the differential on the pressure switch to kick in and switch off where you wish

Ian

Hi Ian,
    Thank you for your reply. I thought you could set the pressure where needed but I think I have set it as high as I can. I think it only goes upto 120 PSI.
    Many thanks for your msg all the same
    Suesi

There is generally a kick in pressure adjuster so it would start at say 100 psi and switch off at 120 psi.
    without a picture of your pressure switch its hard to say where it is
    post a pic if you can?
    Ian

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	102_1110.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	311.0 KB 
ID:	11922Click image for larger version. 

Name:	102_1113.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	329.9 KB 
ID:	11923Hi Ian, I hope these pics tell you something. It would begreat if the compressor could be set to kick in when it drops to 100 PSI andstill manage with the demand.
    Many thanks
    Suesi
    Last edited by suesi34e; 26-03-2014 at 10:43 PM.

If you take off the cover ( with the red start stop button on top) you should see 2 screws to adjust.... ones max pressure (Stop ) the other to set the start pressure ....try to download a manual from a clarke machine very similar switches on their machines
    instructions may be printed inside the cover

Many thanks for that Ian, I will have a go and see how I do.

All the best and thanks

Suesi

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    You might find it only has one adjusting screw. I know mine only has one, as I wanted to have it cut out a lower pressure for when using the sandblaster, however the cut-in pressure wasn't adjustable and was a consistent 2.5-3bar lower than the cut-out pressure.
    Are you definetly sure your toolchanger needs 100psi?
    Any I've looked at are usually around 80psi.

My long term solution is a hydrovane compressor which I still need to get plumbed in, and I'd like to build some kind of control panel so I can set pressures depending on what I'm doing.

Many thank m_c for the reply. Yes seems a lot I know butI am sure the tool changer should have a 100 PSI it has a sticker on themachine you see by the dial and I checked in the manual. If it is not obviousto me what I have when I take the plastic piece of I will post a photo. I wishI had you knowledge of building a control panel and I would not know how towork one if I had one let alone build one. I will Google hydrovane compressor.Perhaps you would keep any eye out for the photo if I get stuck!

Many thanks

Suesi

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Have you tried running it on lower pressure?
    Usually the supply will immediately go through a regulator once inside the machine, so there may well be a margin of safety around what's written as the required pressure.

Keeping a conventional compressor above 100psi can be fairly challenging. First thing is to check the pressure switch to see if the cut-in pressure can be increased.
    If it's not, then the cheapest option is probably a new combined starter/pressure switch (they're not just a basic pressure switch, as they need to unload the compressor when stopped) with the required adjustability. I've just checked the ones listed in the Machine Mart catalogue, but there's no mention on whether the cut-in pressure can be changed, and I can't find any manual for them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information