. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Does that mean your gong to be selling them Gary? That would be good.

Keith: Contrary to my usual practice, I had my phone with me all day yesterday and it was charged, although being Three it might not of had a signal. Bit of a shame really because the space underneath for the mount probably could have been left untouched, or at least only half a mill taken off, cause it sits slightly lower than the table. I thought I mentioned that? Anyway never mind. Its still looking mighty fine.

I did have a little concern about the channels not being wide enough but looking at my carriages, I'm sure they are. Might even have a few mm to play with.

I might just go for a custom mount seeing as everyone has already pointed out how inappropriate the 16mm housing is... I was expecting it too meet up with the table perfectly according to my calculations, but there is about 1mm, maybe less between the housing and the table at the moment. I was Also going to use a clamp rather than screws to hold it in... temporary measure until I could make my own. But it just seems more eloquent to get a custom one made.

Yesterday those plugs arrived from Rohnmac. I was soldering them yesterday, and I now know I f'in hate soldering. Will post pics later on today. Catching up on Lost at the moment :)

2. Selling them now.

Quote Originally Posted by lateAtNight View Post
    Does that mean your gong to be selling them Gary? That would be good.

Keith: Contrary to my usual practice, I had my phone with me all day yesterday and it was charged, although being Three it might not of had a signal. Bit of a shame really because the space underneath for the mount probably could have been left untouched, or at least only half a mill taken off, cause it sits slightly lower than the table. I thought I mentioned that? Anyway never mind. Its still looking mighty fine.

I did have a little concern about the channels not being wide enough but looking at my carriages, I'm sure they are. Might even have a few mm to play with.

I might just go for a custom mount seeing as everyone has already pointed out how inappropriate the 16mm housing is... I was expecting it too meet up with the table perfectly according to my calculations, but there is about 1mm, maybe less between the housing and the table at the moment. I was Also going to use a clamp rather than screws to hold it in... temporary measure until I could make my own. But it just seems more eloquent to get a custom one made.

Yesterday those plugs arrived from Rohnmac. I was soldering them yesterday, and I now know I f'in hate soldering. Will post pics later on today. Catching up on Lost at the moment :)

You can find the ballnut housings here: Click
    .Me

I really wish I'd known about those a few days ago...

Never mind. I'll make do.

Some photos... Work in progress on my control box. Hopefully just enough space for a mini itx mobo, my smooth stepper and a DIY cnc BOB. Hopefully in the end everything will be panel mount plugs so I won't have to run cables out of the box itself. Also I had a window on the case when it was used as a workstation, still quite handy I think :).

Lastly one of the router itself. My brother has commented on how un-aesthetically pleasing it is. I disagree :D.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6567.jpg 
Views:	422 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	390   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6570.jpg 
Views:	467 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	391   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6572.jpg 
Views:	733 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	392  

Looking good so far Dave!

Yea I looked into the market and noticed there wasn’t anything on the market so to speak for mounting ball nuts in a nice easy solution like the SMA units for instance, sure people like kip can machine their own but for people like you, me and so on there really wasn’t much if any choice, so that’s when I pointed it out to Gary that such a product is/could be desirable for people.

Gary then took it all the way to China and now we have a choice/solution, so hats off to Gary for making it happen! The ball nut housings have only be listed for sale recently so don’t feel so bad :).

Ill post up the build log for my controller box later today, need to get some work done first, I have solutions in that build aimed at you Dave so keep an eye out for it (mini itx mob, smooth stepper and BOB).

Catch you later!

O what cnc machine dose your bro run?
    .Me

Thats a really good point actually! I'll just drill the underneath of the mount then tap it and then screw in a bolt and then that should be enough to hold it right? Sweet.

Yeahhhhhhh! Woohhooo Its soooo thick. And shiny. It almost seems a shame for a noob like me to get my hands on it where it will undoubtedly be disfigured.

It seems its all going right today.

Look forward to getting it mate. Sadly I agreed to that little scrap of work, and I'm leaving uber early on Tuesday, so looks like its going to have to wait till I get back. So no rush with the postage. On the bright side I'll be able to afford a few more toys after :D.

Keeping an eye out for your thread Lee.

Regarding wiring and ac power in, do you think its wise to have one source in and then run 3 drivers + spindle and a coolant pump off one source? I suppose there will be a computer in there at some point as well. There should be enough juice right?

Dave.

Woops, I meant Thursday. Freud would have a lot to say about that I think

It might just be the quality of the photo but I love how it all looks to be one piece.

Yup... that is another thing to add to the to do list. Get fuses and fuse holder. Any idea where I could get one of those?

lol, looks like 1 part to me to, also you can get the IEC's from maplins they are like what £1 ?, i just mounted one into the back of the case.

EDIT: Have you engraved somthing into the side of it as well kip ?
    .Me

Is it ready to be paid for keith?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information