. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bit of a strange project really, I have been losing my hair for about 2 years, im now 28. I decided to have a look around to see if there were any safe treatments I could try to keep the hairs on my head. Short answer is no, most hair loss drugs fundamentally change your bodies chemistry usually by inhibiting one chemical or another systemically. Then I came across this patent posted on another forum(see link below). Its electro mechanical and had some impressive photos to back up the results so I though I would have a go at making one as you cannot currently buy one of these yet.

IB2012057041 APPARATUS FOR STIMULATING HAIR GROWTH AND/OR PREVENTING HAIR LOSS

Basically it is a set of copper and zinc plated discs with a voltage differential across the plates causing the discs to give up some zinc and copper ions which are then transferred into the skin.

here is my first attempt...

CNC routing and prototyping services www.cncscotland.co.uk

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

Like Death & Tax's Man you can't avoid hair Loss trust me on this.!. . .

Watch out that you don't end up with ginger hair - unless that's what you started with or want. G.

Watch out that you don't end up with ginger hair - unless that's what you started with or want. G.
    I think you may have just conviced me to bin the prototype. Lol

Come on Jazz don't try and convice me you won't be trying this out tonight.
    CNC routing and prototyping services www.cncscotland.co.uk

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

It looks more like a dehorner for cows, which reminds me, some people say cow shite works wonders rubbed into your scalp.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    It looks more like a dehorner for cows, which reminds me, some people say cow shite works wonders rubbed into your scalp.
    Worth a try Gav? G.

Lives in Norwich, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13-09-2019 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 47. Received thanks 8 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    I'm only 23 and mines nearly all gone at the front, damn you genes!
    I'm certainly eager to hear the results

8. The Following User Says Thank You to asbo For This Useful Post:

I've just noticed my avatar has a similar device fitted but she's still bald, hang on though, maybe 'she' was a 'he' before using it, there's side effects with most therapies you know.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 28-03-2014 at 10:06 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Eddiy, Ithought that saintly figure was a selfie!!! G.

You're right, that's my hairdresser on the right hand side, I'm saying to the bloke on the left, "switch on the hair restorer device"
    he's saying "don't be stupid, look at the state of you now after only two day's use"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	metropolis-1927-03-g.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	11939
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 29-03-2014 at 10:41 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information