. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Came across this if any use to vertical builders, not a bad website for info.

Be sure to scroll down the page.

https://www.buildyourcnc.com/item/cn...e-greenLean-v1
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 28-03-2014 at 05:20 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

not a bad website for info
    Unless you want good info.
    He's making a lot of money selling poor performing, rather expensive machines to people that don't know they can get 10x the machine for the same amount of money.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Quote Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
    Unless you want good info.
    He's making a lot of money selling poor performing, rather expensive machines to people that don't know they can get 10x the machine for the same amount of money.
    Well said Gerry couldn't agree more.!

Now speaking from my experience of having a vertical machine I can guarantee that design is going to be plagued with trouble from the begining. There are so many flaws which unless you've used a machine vertical are not obvious. Then mix in the rubbbish he's using for motion Ie Skate bearings and Chain sprockets it's recipe for head banging and frustration which at that price it most definately should not be.!
    I can't believe people actually buy these kit things at that money because it's essentially 2 sheets of MDF @ £40 and £150 of hardware. Then it comes flat packed and as to be assembled.!!. . . . . I actually feel for those that do buy because the sickening realisation they've made the dumbest buying decision of there life must sting like hell.!!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 28-03-2014 at 07:07 PM.

Most never realize it. The main moderator on their forum constantly preaches that they can't expect industrial performance from their hobby grade machines, and they all seem to buy into it.
    I guess if you're willing to pay $4000 for a few sheets of plywood, you'll believe just about anything.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

I bet they don't use these machines to cut the kits they sell..
    CNC routing and prototyping services www.cncscotland.co.uk

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

Shit ! did I say something wrong ?
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Quote Originally Posted by gavztheouch View Post
    I bet they don't use these machines to cut the kits they sell..
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    Shit ! did I say something wrong ?
    No they built something wrong. .Lol

My personal dislike for Kits like this comes from dealing and helping people who have un-wittingly bought them thinking they are more than they are only to be sadly dissapointed. It's Not too bad when it's couple hundred pounds as you can call it the hard price of learning but when it's few thousand then to me it's sickening to see.
    For this reason you'll never see me refer to or positively promote them and I'll ALWAYS negatively comment on any post's about them just so others see it and hopefully take a step back and look deeper. . . . . . If they still buy after that then more fools them.!

That's cute. Nearly as bad as one very well liked company on here ( being sarcastic here )selling kits on ebay for nearly 9K and its got loads of watchers. I cant believe some people would actually buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Web Goblin View Post
    That's cute. Nearly as bad as one very well liked company on here ( being sarcastic here )selling kits on ebay for nearly 9K and its got loads of watchers. I cant believe some people would actually buy it.
    Yes there's load "Dice'y Merchants" making a killing from the unknowing.!!. . . . . So Lets keep Educating them lads and while it's a fight we can't win the bruise's we inflict still hurt..
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 29-03-2014 at 02:15 PM.

Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 21 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 786. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    I just find it hard to believe that anyone would spend that sort of cash without doing any research on construction, its should be obvious that you cant work to any sort of tolerance or repeatability on something that large using such a construction.
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information