. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    anyone know were i might download one of these.

scm tech 95l User manual or parts lists

am picking one up tomorrow.

OR, if anyone has used one (scm tech 95l) am looking for the lifing footprint or advice on how to orientate the cantilever part so it does not move when lifted )

any advice will do ??....;->

Is this any good to you George?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tech 95 L.pdf 
Views:	6322 
Size:	2.68 MB 
ID:	11976

Si.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to firetrappe For This Useful Post:

Thanks, i have spent a few hours trying to track down these, best brush up on my italian, but the pictures do the trick perfetlcy anyway

100% exactly what i needed. thanks

No worries. The PDF is in about 4 languages, English is there if you look carefully.

I found it on a US site if it helps in the future : https://www.partspronto.com/

Good luck with the new toy :)

Si.

that was invaluable firetrappe thanks, These are one solid machine, and apparently am not he-man any more, or so every muscle in my body is screaming at me. Had to leave it outside the workshop till the morning. Start work on upgrading it tomorrow

Hi, I bought an old (1999) SCM 120 cnc router, not working (ebay again). I decided not to try to upgrade the machine, but had the NUM controller updated from windows95 to XP. The main control cabinet looks fairly similar to yours. Perhaps the biggest disadvantage with not reconfiguring the machine is that the controller only recognises .XPI input. I have to save the nc file as .XPI in the post processor and then transfer that into the NUM controller. No problem at all, but it took a bit of getting used to. You are dead right, those old SCMs are very heavy and solid, well built machines. Placing the machine in position (pallet truck and machine skates) took some doing. My machine uses the spinning nut on the long axis and standard (all very heavy duty) turning ballscrew on the Y and Z. I suspect that your machine is very similar. These machines are real workhorses and I hope to hear that yours is once again earning its keep. Good luck. Geoff.

Got it home today ( on front, not in workshop yet ).

Placing the machine in position (pallet truck and machine skates) took some doing
    Ha, ah i can laugh now, these are a nightmare to move on skates over uneven ground, every fiber in my body is screaming, even my eyelids acke.

My machine uses the spinning nut on the long axis and standard (all very heavy duty) turning ballscrew on the Y and Z. I suspect that your machine is very similar.
    Yes, all in ace nick thanks, no play, al round solid

These machines are real workhorses and I hope to hear that yours is once again earning its keep. Good luck. Geoff.
    I purchased this one to help me accuratly mark out and drill the parts for a machine jig, to build another machine that have designed that requires extreemly accurate bolt positions. So i needed a long heavy machine to bolt the jig markers to the base. I have a sort of different idea about Z axis, after spending a few weeks trying to understand its limitations on forces from all directions ( so same design Z can be used for 5/6 axis heads, or rock solid, 3 axis head that will take an impactor head. I will put up the design when i have built the Y/Z cartridge properly, on my build log.

the machine is that the controller only recognises .XPI input.
    am probably going to ask you a few questions on that, experience beats hours of reading, and helps avoid wrong turnsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	scm.jpg 
Views:	644 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	11997

Sounds a very interesting project. PM me if you want my phone no - I find talking better than incessant emails. G.

hi firetrappe thanks for the parts list manual i wonder if you or george have got hold of a user manual i have a smc tech 95 its been in a corner in the work shop since i got it (n yes ebay ),now i need to get it going but am completely new to cnc would be grateful for any help

yes i will dig it out for you mate, i saved all the manuals and parts lists that peope showed/supplied me.

I searvices mine, so let me know if you get stuck. Its a big machine to start with but not to hard.

Whats your intent for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information