. .
    I know of maklab in glasgow and hacklab in aberdeen and edinburgh but I was wondering if there were any workshops open to the public that have a mill like a bridgeport. I need to do some milling for my laser cutter.

When I was staying in the west country there was a collage in a town outside bristol ( I forget the name) that had a hobby course. You could pop in and use the machine shop every wednesday night to work on small projects. I think it was £5-15 for 3 hours and you just supplied the material. I never got round to using the shop and now im back in central scotland. Was wondering if anyone knew of anything similer.
    CNC routing and prototyping services www.cncscotland.co.uk

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

Quote Originally Posted by gavztheouch View Post
    I know of maklab in glasgow and hacklab in aberdeen and edinburgh but I was wondering if there were any workshops open to the public that have a mill like a bridgeport. I need to do some milling for my laser cutter.

When I was staying in the west country there was a collage in a town outside bristol ( I forget the name) that had a hobby course. You could pop in and use the machine shop every wednesday night to work on small projects. I think it was £5-15 for 3 hours and you just supplied the material. I never got round to using the shop and now im back in central scotland. Was wondering if anyone knew of anything similer.
    I didn't even Know these places existed. Thank you for this Im an Hour away from Bristol.

If you were downunder, I would suggest trying your local Mens-Shed, but I've just discovered that Blighty is only just catching on to that brilliant Aussie invention called the Mens-Shed-Association, as can be seen at UK Men's Sheds Association - UK Men's Sheds Association - Shed Profiles . There is a shed listed called Edinburgh Macmerry Men’s Shed, but it's still very young; it may not yet have milling machinery and the like; and the locals may be more interested in "oiling" themselves than oiling machinery....... if my late Dad was the stereotypical Scot ;-)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AndyGuid For This Useful Post:

Good post Andy, I never knew this existed !
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Thread Information