. .
    Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Not sure if this has been covered. I have just fitted a pot 10K lin part No. 263-3034 from RS. about £1.70 to the space on the clip out display . If this is removed there are 4 screws on the back then you can see the PCB where the pot should be. The pot will fit straight in with no modification's .
    The VFD has to have the parameters changed PD002 from 0 to 1 and PD070 from 0 to 1 (changes analogue from 0-10 to 0-5) without this the speed only goes up to 12K.
    I also changed PD011 from 0 to 55 (this sets the lowest speed to 3.3K)

There is a jumper next to the large connecter strip on the right hand side (marked V1/VR) by default this is set to V1 it needs setting to VR so that the pot will function.

I think there is a sticky on the forum somewhere where a list of the general settings are kept could this be updated if its not already done. Hope this is of use to someone. ..Clive
    Last edited by Clive S; 10-04-2014 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Added jumper function

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Clive, it sounds like a neat and tidy solution, as an alternative you could have connected a pot to the 0-10v and analogue input. I did this with my pin router but used a 10 turn pot with a scale dial to get precise speed control, not that you actually need it to be so precise. It also means you can mount it remotely if required, such as on the front of a panel.

dial similar to these http://www.digikey.co.uk/product-sea...Q15-1t1-VQ16-c
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 08-04-2014 at 09:40 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    Clive, it sounds like a neat and tidy solution, as an alternative you could have connected a pot to the 0-10v and analogue input. I did this with my pin router but used a 10 turn pot with a scale dial to get precise speed control, not that you actually need it to be so precise. It also means you can mount it remotely if required, such as on the front of a panel.

dial similar to these Invalid Request
    Yes Eddy I was aware of those pots but I did a bit of research and I deemed it unnecessary to have such precise control over the speed as soon as you set the speed and start cutting I am sure it will change. I find it very easy to adjust the speed to within a couple of hundred revs. My VFD will be outside of my control box, but next to it on the wall. For me the £1.70 spent saves me keep messing with the controls on the VFD ..Clive

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

All done and for only 75p - best value addition to my setup :)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dcrowder For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dcrowder View Post
    All done and for only 75p - best value addition to my setup :)
    Hi guys,

What about the potmeters.

Most bobs have 0-10volt output on them.
    I there a reason why one should not go that route?

Grtz. Bert.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A320FL met Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by driftspin View Post
    Hi guys,

What about the potmeters.

Most bobs have 0-10volt output on them.
    I there a reason why one should not go that route?

Grtz. Bert.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A320FL met Tapatalk
    No reason at all. It is just simple and nice to turn it up or down at will. less wires.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Thread Information