. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Switched 1600 micro steps, so that's 320 steps per mm. Maximum speed I could achieve smooth and without stalling was 3000 mm/s with 750 accu for all axis, seems good enough for milling aluminium.
    Now I have to tie all the wires down properly, get the Y in 90* in respect to X and tie the bolts down... Most importantly, I have to get familiar with Mach3 software which I guess will take a while. Limit switches are on their way, pity that FVD doesn't work, but hey, positive thinking? :D
    Thanks all of you, I wouldn't have managed this far if not because of this forum, that's for sure. I added short video filmed from phone (sorry for quality), I will have proper topic with all the build process and photos/videos in few weeks.

2. Hi ivars,

3000mm/min on 1605 ballscrews at 36V sounds about right based on the spec and speed of my machine. I'm using 1605 ballscrews with an all-in-one board at 24V and get around 1500mm/min before stalling.

I've just returned a faulty VFD that went bang when I wired it up - it was the same model as yours and the supplier asked me for a photo of my wiring. Once he saw that he was happy to exchange it. I had only connected the mains supply (not the spindle yet) and he never mentioned having to connect a spindle, so if such a lockout feature does exist it's not on that model.

Very pleased for you anyway - I remember how good it feels to finally get some movement out of your first machine. Oh, and do move that monitor back a bit when you are cutting chips!
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Thread Information