. .
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 4 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    They've got a 25% discount on this weekend - Advanced CNC Speed And Feed Calculator - HSMAdvisor

I've been using their FSwizard online version (FSWizard - Free Advanced CNC Speed and Feed Calculator), and their android version for a while, as it's nice and simple to use to get some ball park figures when in the workshop.
    HSMadvisor is the PC based version and a bit more advanced, as it lets you configure more features (like set machine rpm/speed/power limits) so you can get even more accurate figures without having to manually juggle figures to keep within machine limits. You can also store tool/cut details for later reference (if you register for FSwizard online, you can store cutter details, but not cut details).
    If you've not tried HSMadvisor, you can download and try it for free for 30days. And each time they release a new version, you get another 30 days, however with the offer, it's less than $55 for a single seat, so I think it's well worth buying.

(I've got no affiliation with the product, I just think it's one of the easiest to use feed and speed calculators with minimal hassle/configuration)
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

I did look at this a while ago and was wondering if it was worth it. I might look at it again.

I can't recommend it enough, it's reliably generated excellent speeds & feeds for everything I've machined since buying it.
    It takes into account machine power and tool flex, my experience is that because it doesn't push right to the edge of what's workable it leaves me some leeway for tweaking the feed up to what my machine will deal with using Mach3's feed override,

- Nick

Thread Information