. .

Thread: Anyone Help

Hi

I am looking to purchase a 2nd hand chinese built machine called a HT1212 plasma router 3D. Its presently has NCStudio can anyone help with the following. I will not be using it for 3D work mostly cut shapes out off 18mm MDF and 18mm Plywood and possible carving lettering into wood.

1- The machine working area is 1200mm x 1200mm but the bed size is 1300 x 1500 is it possible to use the full bed size.

2 - Can the NCStudio be changed to VCrave Pro and what would be required.

3 - Has anyone had experience with this machine or similar

Thanks in advance for any help :-)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012526112041341.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	12123

NC Studio is the machine controller. V Carve Pro is not a machine controller, it's a CAD/CAM program. You create g-code in V Carve Pro and load it into NC Studio to cut your parts. You need both types of programs, not one or the other.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Quote Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
    NC Studio is the machine controller. V Carve Pro is not a machine controller, it's a CAD/CAM program. You create g-code in V Carve Pro and load it into NC Studio to cut your parts. You need both types of programs, not one or the other.
    Thanks for the speed reply

Could I replace NCStudio with a other programe as NCStudio has a long learning curve and not found any good reviews .

Durie

Any use ?

Mach3 vs NC-studio
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

To get away from NC studio then it depends on what electronics are inside the control box and you may need some hardware, most likely just a breakout board.
    Either Mach3 or Linux CNC could be used so with a little luck it may just mean a BOB change.? Mach3 is my prefered choice.

Cutting area is the extents the machine will move or just less and Bed size is the total area of bed frame or just less. This is why Cutting area is stated rather than Bed size because they can't possibly be the same without special measures being taken with original machine design. On standard machine the Bed is always larger than actual cutting area.

Thread Information