. .
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Hi JAZZCNC,

Your samples are on a way already. You should have them in a 4-9 days.

Cheers

HI AGTM,

The data is for general 30 degree bits, not for 45 degree specific aluminum bits , that's why we are both right

3. Hi silyavski,

Yes, completely agree. If the bits are 30 deg I wouldn't do rough milling with them as you mentioned. They are mostly for finishing. AUE can do both.
    Meanwhile, Kyocera have extremely good flat U-drills. They works pretty good on stainless.

Cheers.

4. Hi silyavski,

Here I made a picture of AUE1203. Take a look and let me know what do you think.
    I will just mention that this tool has polished front and back cutting surfaces. To be honest yes, I am selling these tools, but I can assure you from the user point of view that these cutters are better than many world famous brands, which I will not mention here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AUE1203.jpg 
Views:	768 
Size:	309.9 KB 
ID:	13484  

These you show are 3 flutes and seem nice. But I believe here people/DIY, forums/ would be more interested in your AET series 2 flutes, cause they can be used also for plastic and wood, or at the long ones .

Now other thing is the price and place of origin.

Its difficult to convince people to buy something not made in USA or EU. At least me. Especially at similar prices. Thats the truth. I see many sellers /China, Taiwan, etc. / raise their prices and make them comparable to the famous brands. But reality is that a typical small business will search for discounted known brand,overstock sale, a deal or a clearance and will not buy 3rd brands.

Hell, i would not buy, even try other brand carbide router bit while Drillman sells Kyocera bits at ebay, especially at his price. I don't see how sb. could beat him especially for the DIY people market -plastic, wood and aluminum. 1-6mm. Kyocera also have representatives in Eu. Do you know why no body has ever heard of them? I will tell you. Cause they sell for 20euro the 6mm stub 2 flute that Drillman sells for 6$

6. Hi silyavski,

Thanks for the reply mate. This what you wrote above is completely fine and understandable. I will not continue arguing with you in any way as in the world there are many different people with different ideas and vision. That is completely fine.
    Yes, there may be more interest about some other types of cutters and I might give a 6$ price for them too, who knows? These ones (AUE) are 9.86USD currently if you buy more than one. Whoever is interested is warmly welcome to contact me and to ask me. I will be happy to help him with any information. Let me tell you something very important, which appears you do not know clearly.
    There is a big difference between China and Taiwan, I have been in Taiwan already on a visit in the ST factory. Their tools as I said are better than some of the world famous brands and there is no need to look for clearance, overstock sale and whatever.
    I gave you a free offer, you did not accept, that is fine.
    Whoever wants to try ST AUE is welcome to contact me. I have available AUE samples up to 10mm diameter.
    The most important, which I want to finish with is that unfortunately you do not want to even try to make a step ahead.
    You have my best wishes and success in your business.

I was relatively speaking about the trying, i apologize, don't mean to spit on your business efforts :-) .

And the link to ebay was not to promote the other guy, but to point it to you , so you could look at what he sells, for how much and how his sales are going.

So compiling what is needed for the typical owner of CNC at home, you could offer it at one place, a good price, and have your cheaper sales, which once when you reach quantity will be very satisfying. Meanwhile you could sell locally at normal prices or just offer forum members different prices. As you know, this is not the only forum, however this is the highest quality forum i know of.

From what i have seen you have quite good price for the extra long reach aluminum ones, for example.

8. Hi silyavski,

I already have clients here in NZ. But I also have clients in Australia, EU and USA. The world is small at these days.
    If hope you spotted already that there is a free delivery for orders over 200NZD. Well, if you know what you are buying and you are available to plan your job, there is no problem to select whatever you need even from NZ. I am not a local retailer, that's why I have good prices. I will start a new topic soon here. The thread will be "Solid Carbide Cutting Tools - what we know and what we don't know about them". Have a read if you have time as there I will try to explain in details the deference between value and price of the tool.

Cheers!

The proof is in the eating.!! and I will soon be feasting on AGTM chips so we will see. Thank you.

But Boyan I have to disagree with you because I've tried many of the cheap cutters off Ebay and they are rubbish.!! . . . Cutters are not cheap when they go dull 2hrs into 6hr job or snap at 5hr58mins and wreck the job.!!
    Drillman sells cheap endmils but are you 100% sure they are Kyocera or there rejects.? Maybe maybe not and it's this unknown that can't be trusted and when I'm cutting £300 piece of aluminium with 6hrs machine time I can't take that risk.

Even at DIY level I feel it's foolish to buy cheap endmills unless your first learning so still wrecking with wrong F & S or crashing into things (which I never do of course.) as again lots of time and effort invested not to mention material can be wrecked for the sake of £3-5 more. Then you have machine stress to factor into the equation.!! . . . . Just not worth it to me.!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    But Boyan I have to disagree with you because I've tried many of the cheap cutters off Ebay and they are rubbish.!! . . . Cutters are not cheap when they go dull 2hrs into 6hr job or snap at 5hr58mins and wreck the job.!!
    Drillman sells cheap endmils but are you 100% sure they are Kyocera or there rejects.? Maybe maybe not and it's this unknown that can't be trusted and when I'm cutting £300 piece of aluminium with 6hrs machine time I can't take that risk.
    Who could be 100% sure.

But:
    Come in original sealed boxes. Look perfect, measure perfect. Outlast many times, like 20x times in wood - Bosch, Freud and similar , which are triple the price. Definitely ultra sharp and fine polished. I have seen only Onsrud and 10 times more expensive ones with better polish.

With the machine i build for my friend i tested 3 straight flute one where the flutes are 25mm long and the bit is 1/4 in diameter, typical wood bit, so i routed aluminum with astonishing glass like result, 1mm deep pass with 0.8kw spindle at 25ipm. The precision was 0.01mm.

I have very flimsy machine as you know maybe, belt driven, v bearings, not for aluminum at all. I have done many 10 hour aluminum scratching jobs with 3mm bit without problem. So on that machine I use 1/4 3 flute straight bit at diameter depth for like 25 times x 2 hour jobs in very nasty hard pine that does not cut well , without loosing edge. And it chatters a bit all the time due to the flimsiness of the machine. So i guess on a good machine it would last forever.

Anyway, yeah, i have small box with 1000 euro worth of Kyocera bits at Drilman prices, so yes, they are that good. He sells Destiny bits for aluminum. I like to look at the Kyocera bits like more multi functional ones. plastic, wood , aluminum with one sharp cheap bit, thats the DIYer dream.

When i finish my build and finally have new machine, will know better.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information