Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
It's more entertaining to watch and see what other people come up with. Plus I'm busy at the moment with another massive electronics project , so you'll hear from me if this isn't over in a month or two.
Jonathan I'm even surprised you botherd to comment so I thank you for that.!! . . . . . As for your input then I expected no less from you.!!

Sorry to the rest for not replying sooner or keeping track of this but I've been busy all weekend wrestling unfriendly CNC machines.!!

Ok well let me explain again that ALL i want to do is have the axis move, doesn't matter if it misses steps or stops fast etc just move faster than 1 pulse at a time so I can get from one end of machine to other with cranking the handle 1000's a time.
All I wanting is like Irving says to move the axis while working on machines and for setting up limts switches etc. This is why I would like to have the single pulse detent for when close to limits etc. Before that it won't matter if it gets infront or behind with pulses etc and overruns or misses steps etc as I'm not after any accuracy and when I'm getting close to where want to be I'll drop to single pulse. Sure when used to it I'll know how it's going to react to my turning the handle at differant speeds.?

To those that have suggested mechanical options then YES I know this and I can even push bloody the axis if I wanted but that's not what I want so please don't go there anymore it will only take the thread off at tangents.!

Similar with the arduino and software based options, yes I know they are best or easier option and yes I've done some VB and C++ coding so could after cleaning the rust off gone this route and made it happen.!! . . . But again didn't want to. Just want it rough arse KISS approach and to learn from.

555 timer hasn't been ruled out but I would have to have the single step option like the detent of the MPG.

I'm flat out busy at minute but when I have more time I'll look closer at it and ask some folks I know that have done similair things.

But in mean time please keep giving the suggestions but just remember only needs to be simple doesn't need any thing fancy I'm not after accuracy or any kind of CNC pendant.!!

CHEERS: