. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    As the Title says Mach4 Demo released on Artsoft Site but Only to checkout the Look and feel, NO Motion.
    Mach4 - Newfangled Solutions

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Already had a play. It's looking good, but I've got no need for mill yet.
    I'm hoping turn isn't too far behind, so I can get working soft limits and stop running the lathe into the limit switches
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I'm hoping turn isn't too far behind, so I can get working soft limits and stop running the lathe into the limit switches
    Nope I'm sure it won't brians flatout on it. Trust me on this Wait until this thing comes on line for real it's going to be awsome. Esp when the motion control guys kick into high gear and the plug-ins start getting developed and refined.

Personally, I think it may be until the end of the year until Mach4 and all the hardware vendors are fully up to speed. But I could be very wrong I've had a few different versions of this demo for a few months now. Apparently, the development version they're actually running machines with must be very different than the versions I've been able to play with, as they seemed to still be a long way from release. But if I had to guess, I'd say another 3-4 months before it'll even be for sale?
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Found this yesterday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQGX1gz72Sg Mach4 turn ..Clive

Second test Mach4: http://youtu.be/qrB-7QuwiQw

.Me
    .Me

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Going by Brian's post over on the Yahoo group, that's not Mach Turn as such, it's Mach Mill setup for testing the lathe code. I doubt lathe will be out this year, as I'm sure there will be inevetible delays in ironing out Mach Mill with all the motion controllers.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
    Apparently, the development version they're actually running machines with must be very different than the versions I've been able to play with, as they seemed to still be a long way from release. But if I had to guess, I'd say another 3-4 months before it'll even be for sale?
    Erm . . . I'd be more inclined to say 4-6 month's+ and I reckon it will be 6-12mths before it's anywhere near stable enough to recommend buying. In a lot of cases I'd see no need for some people to even think about upgrading from Mach3.

Where I hope and feel it will really start to show and kick in into high gear is with the hardware vendors. Now the restrictions and quirks of Mach3's core will no longer be the limiting factor I'm hoping we should see some kick arse toys appear.!! . . . . . Unfortunatly this will almost certainly come at a price.

I'm not worried about price so much if it works. It'll probably be at least 18-24 months before I get my new router running, and at this time I'm leaning towards the CS Labs products. They seem to have the best reputation as far as support and updates t o their plugin. DSPMC (Vital Systems) seems good too, but their prices are a little out of my range.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Quote Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
    I'm not worried about price so much if it works. It'll probably be at least 18-24 months before I get my new router running, and at this time I'm leaning towards the CS Labs products. They seem to have the best reputation as far as support and updates t o their plugin.
    Awsome product Gerry I use the IP-M on all the 3 axis routers I build and have one on my machine. The quality is first rate and the software just works without any hassle. I've had absolutly no dropouts, faults, noise issues of any kind and I've even run my HF Tig welder along side it and it didn't bat an eyelid.

Just wished the IP-M could run slaved motors and the IP-S was touch cheaper. At then minute it's just too expensive for most stepper based 4 axis machines so end up with the ESS or the Russian PLCM E3 for 4 axis slaved motors. I can tell you thou the IP-M knocks the spots off both of these in performance with steppers and reliabilty. The spinlde speed control is rock solid. 24v IO is a dream and the Din rail terminals make connection really nice and easy, again just quality stuff. The whole unit is quality and built to industrial spec and it shows, thing just works and works good straight out the box.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 24-04-2014 at 10:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information