. .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Hello Suesi34e, Paul_m and JAZZCNC

I am new onto here.. I have been reading through this thread as I recently purchased a Denford Microrouter V5 PRO NS for a price I couldn't resist... I've was looking at building something like and oozenest system but now this has come along id like to stick with and upgrade it to mach 3 thus removing the need to use the Denford software and the RS232 connection... By the looks of it you have completed a similar upgrade and they're running reliably :-) could you please let me know what you used for the conversion and how you did it? Any information would be greatly appreciated :-)

thank you for all you help!!

Ian

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by ihulston79 View Post
    Hello Suesi34e, Paul_m and JAZZCNC

I am new onto here.. I have been reading through this thread as I recently purchased a Denford Microrouter V5 PRO NS for a price I couldn't resist... I've was looking at building something like and oozenest system but now this has come along id like to stick with and upgrade it to mach 3 thus removing the need to use the Denford software and the RS232 connection... By the looks of it you have completed a similar upgrade and they're running reliably :-) could you please let me know what you used for the conversion and how you did it? Any information would be greatly appreciated :-)

thank you for all you help!!

Ian
    Hi Ian,

the big questions will be, how much are you willing to spend, what performance are you looking for, and how good are you with electrics/electronics?

The conversion can vary from a minimum budget cheap BOB and some wiring/possible soldering using the original stepper motor drives, through to a complete new motion controller, stepper drives, and stepper motors.
    Off course, you can change things gradually, as the cheapest option may work perfectly well for you, and then upgrade later if you feel you need some extra performance.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Thank you for the reply

I would like to have a good robust system, simple to use that I can do anything from detailed carving to cutting aluminium with. basically I bought my Microrouter direct from a school, it had just had a new Porter Cable fitted and I could have it for £200, so theres definitely room in the pot to upgrade, and anything I do add will hopefully add value to it.

I've been intouch with Denford and by the time I've brought a licence for their operating system etc i'm already £700 in so don't want to be limited to that option plus it will have its current performance still...

I'm not the best with electronics, I have dabbled in the past.. I can do basics, soldering etc etc... I need directing in the best direction, what to buy etc...

Thank you for your help

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by ihulston79 View Post
    Thank you for the reply

I would like to have a good robust system, simple to use that I can do anything from detailed carving to cutting aluminium with. basically I bought my Microrouter direct from a school, it had just had a new Porter Cable fitted and I could have it for £200, so theres definitely room in the pot to upgrade, and anything I do add will hopefully add value to it.

I've been intouch with Denford and by the time I've brought a licence for their operating system etc i'm already £700 in so don't want to be limited to that option plus it will have its current performance still...

I'm not the best with electronics, I have dabbled in the past.. I can do basics, soldering etc etc... I need directing in the best direction, what to buy etc...

Thank you for your help
    Ian, probably best to start your own thread, and if you could post up some photos of the control cabinet internals, that would help us provided some suggestions.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information