. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'd say more like $6000 to $7000 but I'm talking about quality components, if using all Chinese stuff maybe $5000 is okay.
    Personally I'm not 100% that it's a CNC machine you need to build cabinets, as Gerry says you can buy these off the shelf much cheaper and not too difficult to adapt to your own requirements.
    You're tolerance of 1mm in 2000mm is fine but at the end of the day how many people have walls and floors to that specification ?
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 03-05-2014 at 03:35 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Lives in ., Portugal. Last Activity: 02-01-2018 Has been a member for 7-8 years. Has a total post count of 7.
    I agree that I could simply go to IKEA and get off the shelf cabinets, but it wouldn't be nearly as much fun as making my own, and getting to toy with a CNC, would it?
    In a way, this is my chance to justify getting one to the powers that be...

If going the pre-built route, could you please recommend reliable UK/EU based companies (even if using a few chinese made parts)? I was offered a quote from a UK company, but these forums have a few users complaining about that particular company, so I'd like to find alternatives, and then compare them with the DIY route, pricing my time into it.

Lives in Vicksburg, United States. Last Activity: 02-07-2014 Has been a member for 7-8 years. Has a total post count of 5.
    Hi,
    I've built a 10'x5' with china steppers from Long motor corp.
    3 1/2"x 2 steel tube, 3/4" plywood, 3/4 MDF top. Home drilled 3/4" round stock linear rails. The newer style plastic bearings. Nema 34 stepper motors Probotix USB-CNC and software .Worked so,so.
    With all my errors in design, and rebuilds spent $3600.00
    i now have 12 mm supported rails on order from china. It will be a lot faster.

Just started cutting new metal for a 28"x39" machine aluminum box tube,
    16 mm linear rails, ball screws, and nema 23 stepper motors with Usb-cnc card and software, about $1100.00 cost.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information