. .

Thread: Hi from derby

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lives in Nottingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11-11-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 176. Referred 1 members to the community.
    Hello all,

I was referred to this site by Kip, after I posted on CNCZone. I've had a mooch about and CNCUK seems a bijou but friendly place...

Anyway, this is the thread on CNCzone...
    [ame="http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80112"]Shall i build this router? - CNCzone.com-The Ultimate Machinist Community[/ame]

About me
    I've been considering adding a flexible tool like a CNC router to my workshop for a while - it seems imagination is the limit with one of these tools.

Now might be the right time. I'm an engineer working in the automotive industry. At the mo, working hours and pay are short. The build would be interesting, i'd learn alot, and there MAY even be the potential to earn some money.

Not sure though. I've budgeted it out to approx £800 excluding software. It seems efficient, enjoyable CAD/CAM software could be another 50% on top of that... Already have a PC ready to go with EMC2.

Anyway, hello again!

Decisions, decisions! :D
    Tom

Hi Tom

Welcome to the forum.

There seems to be a lot of us in the Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire area, when we all get sorted out with our machines we should organise a meet and get all the local "anorak's"
    together for a good old chinwag and a beer of course. ; )

Andy

It's the water...................

Lives in Nottingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11-11-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 176. Referred 1 members to the community.
    Hello neighbours,

Well, I'd need to dig out my anorak but I'd be up for that Andy

Actually, you probably all have access already, but I've got a small lathe here at home if you ever need anything vaguely round making. If it needs to be any better than vaguely round I'm probably not your man, but anyway - the offer's out there...

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom

Thanks for the offer.

Once the weather gets better we will have to see if we can organise something get a few of us together be nice to exchange ideas put faces to names.
    Over on CNCZONE the Australians get together at least twice a year and have a right good old day of it.

Andy

Hello fellow derby dweller!!

Blimey there's more! Definitely something in the water.

Guess I'm going to need a machine soon to properly join this new East Mids industrial revolution...

I'm from derby aswell!!!

"COME ON THE RAMS !"
    .Me

"COME ON THE RAMS !"
    He he he....! :-)

Hello Mike & Steve - welcome to the revolution!!
    Mike I think even though there are loads of us in derby - yours might be the only working router...!

Anyway, a quick count up:
    Notts:
    John S, Kammo

Derby:
    Michael, HiltonSteve, AudioAndy, themachinist, me.... (any more?) :-)

Leeds:
    Kip (tut tut, Leeds must try harder)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information