. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I like it.

Last edited by Lee Roberts; 01-05-2014 at 10:17 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    I like it.
    Ermm. . . It's just Bling.!!. . . Nothing more than an over complicated engraving machine and not a very strong one at that.! . . . . Probably paint you a nice picture thou or pick n mix machine. .

Well they said it was just a desktop, but it's how they made it modular that I like plus the build is easy. Everyone doesn't want to cut aluminium with a water cooled spindle.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 01-05-2014 at 10:32 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 6 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,726. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    Some of those geometries are used for 3D printing, where there is no load worth talking about on the tool platform. I've never quite understood why this kind of mechanism is used, but I'm sure that there are reasons. Something to do with print area compared with overall footprint, maybe? Most interesting aspect is working out the kinematics of the motion control, but clearly that's already been done.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Main reason for that kind of setup is to get 5 axis movement with only 3 motors.
    I have seen videos of big machines using this kind of setup, as when done right it works well.

The motion control is out there. I know there was a 6 support version done using a KFlop by some university, as it came up on the dynomotion support group a while ago.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    Well they said it was just a desktop, but it's how they made it modular that I like plus the build is easy. Everyone doesn't want to cut aluminium with a water cooled spindle.
    I saw this a few weeks ago now and liked it as well. Exactly, this is a demonstration of a modular device that is computer numerically controlled, the limitations are ones imagination. I've also seen a simple mobile system like this one, it was being used for on site work both horizontally and vertically.

.Me
    .Me

If executed properly the hexapod design is excellent for making a strong '5-axis' machine with minimal material, since the frame is based on triangles so inherently strong.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    The motion control is out there.
    Yeah, just use Linuxcnc:

It's a very tempting project...
    Last edited by Jonathan; 02-05-2014 at 12:15 AM.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Just to be clear.!! . . . I wasn't calling Hexapods Bling or weak I was calling THIS ONE Blingy and Weak. Personaly I think Hexapods are awesome and the speed they can work at is unreal.!

Last edited by JAZZCNC; 02-05-2014 at 12:39 AM.

First one I saw many many years ago was at Warwick university, sculpting full size car bodies out of huge blocks of foam.

Talking of Hexapods I came across this on YouTube just need to build one that makes tea and sweeps up the workshop LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information