. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I did not know you could be banned for being HONEST Dean, but I have to totally agree it's CRAP LOL

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I like the "Rock_Solid Aluminium Frame" coupled with the failure to mention the "Bendy-Wendy Round Rails" ;-)
    You forgot to mention the bendy Bamboo or HDPE never mind the rails. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I like the "Rock_Solid Aluminium Frame" coupled with the failure to mention the "Bendy-Wendy Round Rails" ;-)
    Or the "Stretchy wetchy" Belts.
    CNC routing and prototyping services www.cncscotland.co.uk

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

Hi,

I feel I need to step in here before this thread becomes something it shouldn’t be.

Please feel free to discuss this machine, what you consider to be less than ideal in terms of how it has been designed (mechanical construction) but also what you consider could be improvements.

Comments in the form of “overpriced crap” and “crap” are not acceptable and should not be supported, if you have any doubt of what is and isn’t acceptable when using these forums please take the time to familiarize yourself with the current Community & Forum Guidelines.

The guys behind this project have clearly tried to bring a product to the table that fills a gap, as with most things there is always room for improvement. This machine is clearly capable, as demonstrated in the Kick-starter presentation, please keep in mind that the people behind this project/product can only strive to do the best they can and within their abilities.

As such, both they and their product shouldn’t be ridiculed, their efforts should be supported and encouraged.
    .Me

Interesting that this so called P.O.S. got funded to the tune of over $400,000!

Surely a golden opportunity for someone to come up with a 'proper' machine for half the price....

On another note, the Taktia is a real clever design...
    Last edited by Richard; 22-05-2014 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    On another note, the Taktia is a real clever design...
    I had to gooooogle it to find out what the Taktia was. Looks interesting a micro cnc router conversion to correct operator error. That take the skill away from the operator thinking that could be cheaper than building a full blown cnc machine. What's your opinion guys ? I would love to hear what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by longy View Post
    I had to gooooogle it to find out what the Taktia was. Looks interesting a micro cnc router conversion to correct operator error. That take the skill away from the operator thinking that could be cheaper than building a full blown cnc machine. What's your opinion guys ? I would love to hear what you think.

That is awsome work, but I can't help but think he has wasted his time other than making a fun project.

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

I don't think anyone could build a much better machine for the price of a Nomad and still make a living out of it. Then you have to look after 300 newbs having "issues" with their machine, argh nightmare. I wouldn't be surprised if these guys went burst after a year or so as a wave of compaints started rolling in.

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

Checkout this one, it covers them both with more info and demo too:

http://youtu.be/BzMIh70syVc
    .Me

eerrrmmm dont see a lot of use for the handheld one, why bother, good technical demonstration of what can be achieved though., ,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information