. .
    Hi there yall,

I've checked out this forum a few times and finaly decided to join up! I'm a CNC/General all round machinist from good old derby who has been in the game for around 13 years.

My main background has been in milling 3/5 axis but i am also experienced in grinding, dynamic balancing, cmm inspection, and am currently employed as a CNC turner/ vert borer as i fancied a change and to brush up on my turning skills, plus it will help on the old c.v should the worst happen.

For a young pup i've been around the block a bit having worked in the u.k and overseas chasing the money on the contracting circuit and have worked on more machines than i can remember so any questions about machining or various forms employment/self employment issues i would be glad to help.

Thanks for reading.

Lives in Nottingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11-11-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 176. Referred 1 members to the community.
    Hello,

I'm new here too, and a much less proficient machinist than yourself. Are you planning to build a machine, or would that be a bit of a busmans's holiday?!!?

I'm in the mackworth area by the way,

Cheers,
    Tom

Er, Hello. Im new here also from Derby? Just round the corner from Mackworth, Rowditch area near city hospital.

I have built a couple of machines and will have to post pics, Usually on CNCzone but nice to find somewhere so many people are local!

Well if any one is interested I build Gantry routers and mini laser etchers for my self and run a small lathe, I work for Esprit Automation in Nottingham for a living. I am an electrician and wire up CNC plasma cutters.

Sorry Kip forgot to ask where abouts are you based?

No :nope: he's not, he lives in "Gods Own County", it tells us in his site profile :dance:
    .Me

I joined up to this forum 3 days ago and guess where I am from.........

Derby!

Definately something in the water round here.......

Thread Information