. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hello all, I am a newbie to this site, so I hope I have posted under the right topic heading. Anyway, I have just plugged in my Mill/router connected to the super box cnc controller. I am using Mach3 Mill.
    The problem I have is all 3 Axis's move in the wrong direction. Has anyone got any ideas please?
    Regards
    sparky

First check you have the wiring correct, if yes then in Mach3 got to, 'Config' / 'Ports and Pins' / 'Motor Outputs', then change the state of 'Dir LowActive' for your motors
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 08-05-2014 at 09:21 AM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:

Thanks Eddy that worked. Now I have a problem that when I do zero return to home the limit switch does not stop the axis. I tried this by trying to over ride it before it got to it with a metal object. The light on the switch does come on when touched with the metal object but the axis still keeps moving.
    Regards
    Sparky

Just to be clear, do you mean 'home switches' or 'limits' ?
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Home switches

In Mach3 'Config' / 'Ports and Pins' / 'Input Signals', make sure you have the correct 'Port #' and 'Pin Number' for the 'Home' inputs, also make sure the 'Enabled' boxes are ticked. The port should be 1 but the pin number will depend how the inputs are wired into the breakout board.
    You can go to the 'Diagnostics' page and watch the inputs change when you activate the switches with a metal object. If they work the wrong way round then check the boxes called 'Active Low' and this will reverse them.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 08-05-2014 at 04:15 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:

Thanks again Eddy, the Pin Numbers I have are X=12 Y=10 and Z=13, on the diagnostic page is it something to do with the Port1 Pin current state where I get the correct pin number from?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Thanks again Eddy, the Pin Numbers I have are X=12 Y=10 and Z=13, on the diagnostic page is it something to do with the Port1 Pin current state where I get the correct pin number from?
    You need to go into Ports & Pins/ Input signals and find X home, Y Home, Z Home. Set Port #1 Pin #12 then toggle the Active state if it's permantently ON.
    Then in Diagnostics when you trip the switch the LED will light up. See the pic and it shows the Input screen on top of diagnostics screen and I've circled the bits your needing to set and watch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	home.jpg 
Views:	5108 
Size:	523.4 KB 
ID:	12353

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Hi Sparky,

I've adjusted the thread title and moved you into the right forum , welcome to the forum and dont forget to update us once the machine is up and running with a video !

.Me
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 08-05-2014 at 06:53 PM.
    .Me

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Roberts For This Useful Post:

Sparky, you can get some good articles here at the Mach3 site, Help & Learning - Newfangled Solutions

15. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information