. .
    looking at converting the above but its the one with the larger table but less space underneath for screws. after getting some dimensions off the X and Y slide and the size of 16mm and 12mm ball nuts I think there is enough room, with a little machining for the 12mm nut, just. OR has anyone fitted screw to one and how did you go on??, plus is there any down side to using 12mm ball screws over 16mm.cheers

Take that as no to dont know ,"Onwards and inwards"

Looks like you will have to lead by example. For that size machine you would think 12mm screws might be sufficient, remember to provide access for greasing the ball nut.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 14-05-2014 at 09:52 AM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmbaz View Post
    looking at converting the above but its the one with the larger table but less space underneath for screws. after getting some dimensions off the X and Y slide and the size of 16mm and 12mm ball nuts I think there is enough room, with a little machining for the 12mm nut, just. OR has anyone fitted screw to one and how did you go on??, plus is there any down side to using 12mm ball screws over 16mm.cheers
    It might be worth contacting John S on this forum as I think he might have done these before. ..Clive

Cheers all so far,just made up 2 dummy ball nuts to drawing spec and 2 shafts, 12&16 so I can physically size up,milling under the table and top slide on Friday, think I better start a build log

Quote Originally Posted by bmbaz View Post
    Cheers all so far,just made up 2 dummy ball nuts to drawing spec and 2 shafts, 12&16 so I can physically size up,milling under the table and top slide on Friday, think I better start a build log
    That would be very helpful for others , looking forward to viewing.

.Me
    .Me

Thread Information