Hi all

I have been lurking here on and off, it is refreshing to find a site that is not focused on the US CNC experience. My last visit prompted me to stay a while after finding EddyCurrents build thread and his amazing safety circuit within.

I have had a DIY CNC in one guise or another for the past couple of years. I started with an MDF machine, which failed miserably, and then migrated to a Joes 4x4. Being moreso a US based machine I struggled to get it working properly on my budget due to the differences between the US and Australia. Getting more and more frustrated with it I decided to pull it down and store it while I built my third machine. This time around I went with a Mechmate which is primarily a metric based machine.

Of course my budget went out the window with this one and I am now about 90% complete, currently in painting and control box building mode. It is a full sheet machine (2400x1200 here in Aus) and I am hoping one day to make a small business around it.

Off to view some more threads and to also start another.

Sydney, Australia

welcome to the site bruce.
    hopefully you will get a log going on progress of your mechmate,they hardly ever get a mention on here.
    I was on the mechmate forum a few years back looking for ideas for my first build but building one of those with next to no experience was a bit too much too soon for me.
    by all accounts and from what ive seen of them there good machines.

3. Hey Bruce,

Welcome to the forum, we have some other members from "down-under" with us here as well so your not alone and should fit right in, I too look forward to seeing the Mechmate come to life, if you do plan on doing a build log.

Thanks guys, good to hear there are a few Aussies here too.

Will definitely be posting re the big MM. I am of course running a log on the Mechmate site but it would be good to have one going here too. When I have nutted out my control box (all time consuming at the moment) I'll fire something up.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ozspeedway For This Useful Post: