. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Howdy

I am in the process of implementing EddieCurrent's safety circuit and have come across a stumbling block primarily with the Hitachi X200 interface to the circuit. I am hoping someone has a better than basic (me) knowledge of the VFD and can throw some light on the inputs to it.

In EddieCurrent's circuit he interfaces with his ABB VFD to execute a Run/Stop from the safety relay. This comes via a spindle control board and it looks like he is controlling his VFD with PWM. From what I can find out from the Hitachi manual I can input a run/stop signal to the VFD but nowhere does it explain what type of input that is. A side note: I currently control the VFD via Modbus using that purely for Start/Stop and speed control from Mach3.

Depending on what form of signal the VFD needs to switch run/stop on & off am I going to need a spindle board and have to switch to PWM control over Modbus or can I use a relay/output pin from Mach to do the switching?

Aside from these X200 gotchas I have everything else to implement the safety circuit. Hoping someone will let me know what I actually need as above.

Cheers
    Bruce
    Last edited by ozspeedway; 16-05-2014 at 01:02 PM.

Thread Information